Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Brand new to site and in reading I guess I have many more problems yet to experience, whoopee. I have a Samsung HLR6167WX/XAA DLP TV. The inputs on the main input board have been failing over time, 1st the HDMI, then the components now only the AV on the side works. I can get input if I jiggle the input cables on the component but only intermittently. I tried Samsung parts. com but they only show the auxiliary board. Anyone know where I can find a main board?

·
Plain ole user
11,121 Posts
It is called a "digital board." You should be able to find it on the Samsungparts.com site.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Is it a PCB digital board? It doesn't appear that samsungparts has this board and my local Samsung repair shop told me they are no longer available but they could repair mine. Does this make sense? Thanks in advance for any help.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I had the same issue with a Samsung HLR5667W.

I found the best new part price for the PCB assembly at appliancepartspros (add.com) The part was $214, shipped from Louisville,KY Which I didn't know and paid for 2 day air shipping when ground would have only been one day for me. Any way the part appeared to be factory packaged. When I first installed it which is fairly easy if you watch what your doing. Fortunately all the wires can only plug into the their respect ports which is helpful but take a digital picture of the board and wire configuration before pulling wires and be careful to check which connectors need to be pressed in back to front or from the sides to release. Once in, the TV fired up normally but the display was backwards. Calling Sumsung tech support was worthless as all they did was reiterate what my problem was and suggested a authorized service call. Finding the solution was like pulling teeth but I finally found it. Be warned as I understand it you can screw things up in the service mode of this or any TV.

For my tv and I believe any of the hlrxx67w models you can enter the service mode by doing the following.

With the tv off (stand by) press mute,1,8,2,power

this will turn the tv on and in a few seconds will open the service mode. ( I tried 4 times without success, then my wife did it on the first try.) Something about the timing of it apparently. The top line says something like DP1101, select this then I went H-Flip selected that and flipped the screen. All was good. Because these tv came with the TV GUide screen which was a pain at first and Couldn't figure out how to turn it off having the new board fire up for the first time it ask you to set up the TV Guide, When I selected don't ask me again it never came up again. Good luck. I just finished my final cure for the tv yesterday. I tried JDelectronicsinc (add. com) to reflow the board they did it twice but it didn't work for me. They are nice guys and didn't charge me either time. But instead of re-balling for $100 I just went with a new board for $200. Strangely enough both efforts to the reflow worked for the first four hours or so then the tv went back to it's old ways. If you have any questions please ask. I spent hours looking all this up someone else may as well benefit from my work. The service mode thing must be a fairly well guarded secret as it was hard to find not knowing what to call it or how it was done. Many service guys do not want you to know this stuff because it's money out of their pockets. :foottap:

Sorry for the (add. com) as a new member I am not allowed to post links.

·
Registered
7 Posts
You'll need this number to find the part on their site... apliancepartspros (add . com)

BP94-02084A

This is the board number and the site has another number attached to it but it should work, I am assuming that the HLR5667W uses the same board as your model.

·
Plain ole user
11,121 Posts
Once again, I must warn that getting the right version of boards for Samsung sets is a gamble. The part number alone is not always consistent, nor the same. A samsung servicer, with access to their service web site, will check the version by serial number then go to the bill of materials for that set to assure the right board is being ordered. Samsung changed parts often in these models. It is not uncommon to get differerent versions with features that are enabled or not, or that have different service menu defaults.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I finally found the time to remove the board with the hope I can get it back for the super bowl for high def. the board has the following printed on it:
Chassis: L64B
Code:BP41-00185B
Name:Hurricane Analog VO.71
Date:2005.02.16

I assumed that the code is the part # but a search on the appliance parts pros didn't come up with anything. BP94-02084A is available on their site but I have no idea if it is an interchangeable part. Any thoughts?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
AppliancePartsPros did not have a picture of BP94-02084A but I found one on another site doing a google search.
If the picture is accurate, this is definitely not the same part as my TV uses rather a part # BP94-02084B appears to be identical and is cross referenced for the 6167.

I need to follow up with calls, but it appears this part is only available used as the prices I found seem too low to be new and ebay sales are all for used boards. It seems like buying a pig in a poke but shopjimmy offers a 180 warranty. Am I wasting my time with this and is either shopjimmy or interliquid reputable sites?

·
Plain ole user
11,121 Posts
Shop Jimmy is very reputable if you are buying directly from them but if youbuy from someone else on their referral program it varies. Any board you buy from anyone has a reasonable probablity of being defective. Board swapping and pulls from dead sets has created a mess for replacement parts in the industry. Most servicers get about 30% defectives even from the reliable suppliers.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts