Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey I'm having an issue! I have a Denon AVR-1912 with 7.1 surround Definitive speakers. Both the mid and backs are hooked up to a Rocketfish wireless transmitter. While I understand that not everything puts out in 7.1( or even 5.1 for that matter) I can't seem to get anything but my Xbox 360 to put out even stereo sound. I've checked all of the connections and calibrated the entire system. All inputs have been tested and work fine. My cable box used to work but now just displays video and no audio. I'm out of ideas.

·
Registered
1,660 Posts
Firmware up to date? Does manual speaker level adjustment send a signal to all speakers? Usually I would start with checking speaker wires for correct connection, then try unplugging the unit and let it sit for a few minutes, and finally Id try a full factory reset (instructions should be in your owners manual). These are long shots so let us know if it works.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
TypeA said:
Firmware up to date? Does manual speaker level adjustment send a signal to all speakers? Usually I would start with checking speaker wires for correct connection, then try unplugging the unit and let it sit for a few minutes, and finally Id try a full factory reset (instructions should be in your owners manual). These are long shots so let us know if it works.
Ya I tried that, all speakers tested great. It's a very confusing situation, I even replaced all the wire.

·
Registered
1,660 Posts
Ya I tried that, all speakers tested great. It's a very confusing situation, I even replaced all the wire.
Sounds like its broke and needs a service call, contact Denon and see what they suggest (beyond what has already been suggested).

·
Premium Member
15,054 Posts
Do you get sound when you use the tuner?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Problem solved! It was the cable box. I got a new one from TWC today and problem fixed. Thank you all for your help!

·
Registered
1,660 Posts
Guess read wrong that your xbox was only putting out stereo I assumed it was the receiver and not your sources. Glad its fixed.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts