Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

Video passes through receiver but no audio

2K views 8 replies 4 participants last post by  TypeA 
#1 ·
Hey I'm having an issue! I have a Denon AVR-1912 with 7.1 surround Definitive speakers. Both the mid and backs are hooked up to a Rocketfish wireless transmitter. While I understand that not everything puts out in 7.1( or even 5.1 for that matter) I can't seem to get anything but my Xbox 360 to put out even stereo sound. I've checked all of the connections and calibrated the entire system. All inputs have been tested and work fine. My cable box used to work but now just displays video and no audio. I'm out of ideas.

#2 ·
Firmware up to date? Does manual speaker level adjustment send a signal to all speakers? Usually I would start with checking speaker wires for correct connection, then try unplugging the unit and let it sit for a few minutes, and finally Id try a full factory reset (instructions should be in your owners manual). These are long shots so let us know if it works.

#3 ·
TypeA said:
Firmware up to date? Does manual speaker level adjustment send a signal to all speakers? Usually I would start with checking speaker wires for correct connection, then try unplugging the unit and let it sit for a few minutes, and finally Id try a full factory reset (instructions should be in your owners manual). These are long shots so let us know if it works.
Ya I tried that, all speakers tested great. It's a very confusing situation, I even replaced all the wire.

#7 ·
Do you get sound when you use the tuner?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.