Home Theater Forum and Systems banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
922 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone have a link to a good video on speaker building... how to build the baffles etc... Anybody ever see New Yankee workshop. Would love to see Norm use his 500,000$ in power tools to build a nice set of speakers... :rofl: I did see one you tube video of this guy using a Jig saw to cut the holes for his speakers... very ghetto.

a video on norm

·
Registered
430 Posts
No video really required, although the one posted above gives you an idea of what it looks like when a person does it. You cut them out with a table saw or circular saw and a straight edge, mark where you want the center of each hole cut, drill a hole where you will put your circle jig and router, route out the hole, and you're done.

Here's pictures of my build.
http://clearwave.forumotion.net/cld-build-threads-f3/lb-s-dynamic-4t-mk2-s-t108.htm

·
Elite Shackster
7,142 Posts
No video really required, although the one posted above gives you an idea of what it looks like when a person does it. You cut them out with a table saw or circular saw and a straight edge, mark where you want the center of each hole cut, drill a hole where you will put your circle jig and router, route out the hole, and you're done.
Thats not very constructive. If someone would like to see a video, then for them its required.

For someone who doesnt do DIY in general and has never built a sub before or used tools like a router, a video can be invaluable. If a picture is worth a thousand words, how many is a video worth :T

·
Registered
430 Posts
Thats not very constructive. If someone would like to see a video, then for them its required.

For someone who doesnt do DIY in general and has never built a sub before or used tools like a router, a video can be invaluable. If a picture is worth a thousand words, how many is a video worth :T
Not very constructive? I gave a simple step-by-step (since basic sub enclosures are pretty simple to build) and included a link to a build (mine) which shows some ways of doing things on the cheap. For example, my cheap wood working table, my cheap straight edge, my cheap way of getting pilot holes drilled on the money, and how to get a box glued without having hardly any clamps. Sure it's not a video, but it's better than nothing. So long as a person can measure accurately and cut straight lines, they're good to go.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts