Home Theater Forum and Systems banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
292 Posts
Personally, I'd go with the Vifa. Looks to be all around better, but who knows what the distortion measurements will be..

·
Registered
1,585 Posts
With the following disclosed, another vote for the Vifa.

Disclosure
  • Haven't personally heard either

ALthough the specific Vifa wasn't reviewed, the Dayton was and wasn't given a steller review on ZaphAudio.
The Vifa that was tested and in the same general cost did get a pretty decent review

JCD

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Ok I am going to get the vifa. That was my original plan. I am probably less prone to getting a lemon or a friday arvo special.I've just got to work out now how parts express ordering system works. I'm very tempted to get the Wt3 Woofer tester also.
Thanks guys.

·
Registered
1,585 Posts
I'm very tempted to get the Wt3 Woofer tester also.
Thanks guys.
Do so.. I did and can't imagine running through the various tests I did to come up with my zobel and resonance notch circuits without it.

Going from this:

to this

with no prior experience in a matter of minutes. Without the WT3, I wouldn't have come even close to those results with HOURS of experimentation. Maybe others could do better faster, but the ability to swap out caps, inductors and resistors ("oh my") quickly and run a complete test is invaluable.

You won't regret it.

JCD

(note, i think the first graph is with just one woofer, the second has two woofers in series. I may have them confused, but I think that's correct)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts