Home Theater Forum and Systems banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Banned
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just bought 2 pairs of the Vifa TC9FD-05-16 3.5" Full Range Speakers (Buyout price of $8). I plan on putting them in a small sealed enclosure and using them for my computer speakers paired with an 8" sub I have. I was looking for some advice on enclosure dimensions. I not sure how to approach this with small speakers. Also, the speakers came with a 47uF cap for a 200hz high pass at 6db. should I leave this in or take it out. The specs in the website are below.

Specifications: *Power handling:
10 watts RMS/30 watts max
*VCdia: 20 mm
*Le: 1.04 mH
*Impedance: 16 ohms
*Re: 11.47 ohms
*Frequency response: 87-15,000 Hz
*Fs: 115 Hz
*SPL: 83.3 dB 1W/1m
*Vas: 0.05 cu. ft.
*Qms: 3.45
*Qes: 1.65
*Qts: 1.12
*Xmax: 2 mm

·
Registered
2,625 Posts
I just bought 2 pairs of the Vifa TC9FD-05-16 3.5" Full Range Speakers (Buyout price of $8). I plan on putting them in a small sealed enclosure and using them for my computer speakers paired with an 8" sub I have. I was looking for some advice on enclosure dimensions. I not sure how to approach this with small speakers. Also, the speakers came with a 47uF cap for a 200hz high pass at 6db. should I leave this in or take it out. The specs in the website are below.

Specifications: *Power handling:
10 watts RMS/30 watts max
*VCdia: 20 mm
*Le: 1.04 mH
*Impedance: 16 ohms
*Re: 11.47 ohms
*Frequency response: 87-15,000 Hz
*Fs: 115 Hz
*SPL: 83.3 dB 1W/1m
*Vas: 0.05 cu. ft.
*Qms: 3.45
*Qes: 1.65
*Qts: 1.12
*Xmax: 2 mm
I'll need the BL before I can give you a model. Any chance you can get that?
You won't get a lot of volume so I'd suggest you do at least 2 per speaker and ideally 4. They are designed for this with their 16 ohm impedance.

·
Banned
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I've looked for the BL and could not find it. I even looked at the 8ohm version of this with no luck. Also, I will be putting 2 speakers per box for this build. It will give me a bit more volume and the correct ohm load for my receiver.

·
Registered
2,625 Posts
I've looked for the BL and could not find it. I even looked at the 8ohm version of this with no luck. Also, I will be putting 2 speakers per box for this build. It will give me a bit more volume and the correct ohm load for my receiver.
Contact CS at parts-express to see if they can get you the data sheet. I didn't find it on the typmphany website.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts