Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to buy my Dad a record for the holidays. I've found 2 options, and I'm not sure which would be best in terms of sound quality, so please let me know what you think:

Option 1: Sealed UK pressing
Option 2: Sealed 180 g pressing (does playing this require any modification/special equipment for one's record player?)

Thanks in advance for any help!

·
Registered
37 Posts
What album are you talking about?
180 gram pressing will play on any turntable.
What kind of system will this be played on.

·
Registered
316 Posts
I want to buy my Dad a record for the holidays. I've found 2 options, and I'm not sure which would be best in terms of sound quality, so please let me know what you think:

Option 1: Sealed UK pressing
Option 2: Sealed 180 g pressing (does playing this require any modification/special equipment for one's record player?)

Thanks in advance for any help!
180 gram means nothing, really. I have 180 gram pressings that sound like right out of the sealed sleeve - with pops, cracks and tons of surface noise. Watch out out for low quality control on modern pressings by big labels! I have conventional lower weight vinyl that sounds pristine. So, where ideally a heavier vinyl is better from a standpoint of warpage, etc.; in reality it's just a single feature that ultimately has no deciding factor or meaning that defines sound quality. ee

-Chris

1 - 3 of 3 Posts