Home Theater Forum and Systems banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
my first attempt at rew after procrastinating for a couple years ( yes, years! ) so here is my graph of my epik valor, corner loaded in an 18 x 14 x 8 room. hopefully i did it correctly. rd.jpg
now the question is....? is this a decent graph? would an eq help or would that be a waist of money. how do i keep the mains out of the mix correctly ( i just unplugged 'em ) and i'm sure there's many more....

·
Super Moderator
9,289 Posts

Welcome to the Forum, Todd!

Yes, unplugging the main speakers works fine - that's what I do.

Your graph looks good - looks like you took the time to read the Help files, the graph-posting thread, etc. :T

Yes, you could benefit from some equalization to flatten response. You can apply some "virtual filters" manually, or let REW do it for you, to give you an idea of what response could look like with equalization.

Regards,
Wayne

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
AWESOME ! thankyou so much for taking the time to reply wayne, and the welcome. I'll be spending more time looking at the bfd and other eq forums to see what else i can get out of my system, in the meantime I may just keep tweaking my location (sub) and see if i get flatter
ps is the drop at 30hz due to lack of sub or other variables?
todd

·
Registered
7,514 Posts
is the drop at 30hz due to lack of sub or other variables?
Looks like everything from about 25Hz to 55Hz is a peak caused by your room.

I would definitely try and move the sub around and see if you can tame that down a bit. That peak is masking any of the information below 25Hz.

If movement doesn't help, then use an EQ.

brucek

1 - 4 of 4 Posts