Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
HINT: The bass part of the GRAND ORGUE, on its own without the full-range drivers, connected directly up to an active source without a passive crossover, acts as an excellent subwoofer and can be used, either singly or as a pair, to support music-orientated high-end loudspeakers and full-range loudspeakers down to the lowest bass frequencies and give home theatres the bottom end that they deserve. (I just want 2 know that is I a good idea to use this sub in a ht

·
Premium Member
5,869 Posts
Why are you wanting to use this sub?

I can think of a few different designs that I would build way before this one. Are you attempting to clone one?

They state the sub needs to be 1meter away from the wall and best when used 3-4meters from the wall. That is not useful or possible in most rooms.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Why are you wanting to use this sub?

I can think of a few different designs that I would build way before this one. Are you attempting to clone one?

They state the sub needs to be 1meter away from the wall and best when used 3-4meters from the wall. That is not useful or possible in most rooms.
I was just curious would you care to give me few ideas

·
Premium Member
5,869 Posts
Not sure what the dimensions are or cost but the fact that the sub needs to be away from a wall quite far would make it not ideal. Although you may have a HUGE room and want a sub away from the wall. Maybe you like things that are different or other for choosing this as a sub.

What is your budget and how big of a cabinet do you want for a sub? Have you heard this speaker before?

·
Registered
403 Posts
They claim frequency down to 16hz but I would be surprised if it reached down there even at a -10dB point, which I assume they "measured"...

·
Premium Member
5,869 Posts
Well going by their pretty picture it says 27ish Hz before it falls off. So I wonder if this measurement was taken outside or inside. I am more wondering about the capabilities of the front woofers. They say also that they will go up to 20000 before any roll off. Wonder a lot about the specs and center to center spacing in a line array style front speaker.

·
Premium Member
1,923 Posts
I'm guessing the distance from wall recommendation is not unique to those speakers. Spacing from the wall in room environments effects any speaker or sub in the upper bass region... Other than that it does look like a very unique loudspeaker. Building an entire one of those things just for sub use would be a waste, though.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts