Home Theater Forum and Systems banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
While waiting to hear back from MiniDsp on my order.. I have been reading, reading, and doing more reading.
To better understand all the aspects of REW.. by the way I really appreciate you folks who post here. It has really helped educate this rookie.

My question this evening is.. If I'm running 2)RCA By 3.55mm out of the headphone jack of Mac book pro Do I hook that into the Aux of my Marantz 7008? And what do I select on my AVR? Will I be selecting what speaker to run sweeps from REW?
I have probably read over the answers to my own questions..But I have to admit this stuff is just a little intimidating..
Thanks

·
Premium Member
6,711 Posts
Yes, you can just connect to the aux input of your AVR. REW puts the test signal on both output channels, so to test just the left or just the right speaker only connect to one of the aux input channels. You may need to set your AVR into a mode called 'stereo' or similar so that it doesn't apply any pseudo-multichannel effect but does apply bass management. That connection limits you to measuring left, right and sub, to measure other channels you either need 5.1 or 7.1 analog inputs on the AVR to connect to or to use an HDMI connection to the AVR with a setup similar to that described in this MiniDSP guide.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you John for the reply.. I am very much looking forward to learning and using the program you wrote!
I read a step by step guide last night. It was written by Jerry Austin and AVS members. I thought it was very informative.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts