Home Theater Forum and Systems banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Aloha!

I live in a house that is on stilts and I was noticing quite a bit of movement "vibration" and I was thinking that wall or floor resonance could affect or color the sound just like if it were coming from the LFE cabinet but in a larger aspect. 4 way's of flex so to speak, with only a MTX SW1515. Its only 250w and I will be improving the LFE output with a different setup that makes the mtx sw1515 seem like a mouse compared to the body building elephant that will be in the room soon enough. Not that I can do mutch to fix the issue but drown out the coloration with spl? You think im overthinking my situation?

http://www.amazon.com/MTX-SW1515-Subwoofer-250-Watts-Frequency/dp/B0001657GK

Mahalo for your help.
Ryan

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I understand that this home is from 1983 and probably did not have the same codes applied as now days. We rent and I would not want to hear from the land lord that its my fault that the house is in pieces because of a killer setup. That would be kind of a mood spoiler. It has insulation and 1/2in ply holding the insulation in place but anything is possible as there is Murphy's Law.

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ok. ok. I'll only turn it up at party's and some movies. It just so happens that the owner is who my girlfriend works for and her work is a 13 second walk away. Did I mention the owners brother lives about the same distance away? Lucky they like her more then me. Now that I think about it, it may not be a plus that they like her more then me after the sub is finished. Might be a good thing. She talks way too much.

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The boss is a she. And very grouchy and opinionated at that. I'll give it a shot and give it hell just till she looks out the window. I gotta have some fun to ya know! Haha!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts