Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
511 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking to upgrade my Receiver to something that does HD Sound and HDMI switching now that I have an HD projector.

I'm looking for an Onkyo SR805 or something there abouts in quality and features.

I'm in a suburb of Chicago if you happen to be in the area.

I have cash in hand, and a Verified Pay Pal address ready to send cash your way.

Feel free to E-mail me: [email protected]

·
Premium Member
15,054 Posts
How about this one here

·
Registered
511 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
How about this one here
I saw that one...Besides I was hoping to come in about $50 less than that, the guy who's selling it is very thin on details...like, does it have *Anything* with it, and he won't accept returns.

I just missed out on an open box Amazon Warehouse special for $575 or something like that. I'm kicking myself for not jumping on it, but I had other theater details I wanted to work out first.

·
Premium Member
15,054 Posts
I saw that one...Besides I was hoping to come in about $50 less than that, the guy who's selling it is very thin on details...like, does it have *Anything* with it, and he won't accept returns.
Does seem a bit suspicious. What ever you do dont get the 806 there are some issues with it. The 805 is far superior.

·
Registered
511 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Does seem a bit suspicious. What ever you do dont get the 806 there are some issues with it. The 805 is far superior.
My thoughts exactly. The 805 specs and used/referb price fits my needs perfectly. I wouldn't mind a 905, 906, or 876...but those are a bit outa my budget.

·
Registered
511 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yeah, I was looking at that one as well. The price could work out well, but it doesn't have the microphone for the sound setup. I'm not sure how much that will set me back. I can always download the manual...but what else would I be missing with a Pawnshop receiver?

·
Premium Member
15,054 Posts
You can get the microphone from Onkyo for somewhere around $50 so it may be worth it.

·
Registered
3 Posts
did you see here
806 for $599
that's silver, the black one is $50 more
wow! excellent price! I'm so tempted
check on newegg, i'm new i can't post direct link

·
Premium Member
15,054 Posts
Stay away from the 806 its plagued with issues. The 805 is far superior.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.