Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey all, i have my tempest x2 in a 151ltre ported box at the moment tuned to 25hz, happy with the sound of it and the feel of the bass, but i want to try out designing a horn. i have read all about the maelstrom etc in tht's etc, but nothing really on the tempest. i have built a horn before, 40hz horn for my pioneer TSW-305c but the design was from a mate in NZ who designs horns for fun. i want to try and work with hornresp, but i have no clue and it is confusing on how to use it. and also how do i go about modeling it too, that sorta confuses me if it's actually done by the program, or do you hae to manually work it out and draw it up yourself.. i want to make the freq as low as i can get it, im not fussed on the size of the box, as long as the spl is good and the response is quick as they are in horns.

this is a pic of my old setup with 2 jbl 2225H woofers and next to it on the right is the horn sub

·
Registered
1,648 Posts
Ya, I would contact Bill to be sure but I thought the x2 worked in the TUBA design. If not I can come up with a roll your own, if someone can fold it. :bigsmile: I am not good at folding these things.

Matt

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
haha thanks matt, i just sent him an email now, i should have an email within 24 hours, i dont know what time zone he is in lol

1 - 8 of 8 Posts