Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys I recently got my dad's old system and I am happy with it as of now but I am used to so much more sound. (My car has two Digital Design 12" subs that can pull a 143db at competition.) I am really interested in upgrading the Bass a little bit. First off I do not know too much on technical specs so bare with me.

First specs on speakers and such.

Receiver: Optimus STAV-3270 professional series
Front speakers: Optimus
Center Speaker: Optimus
Rear speakers: Realistic (8ohms,40W max)
Subwoofer: Optimus Pro SW-12 (8ohms 100W max)

What are the cheapest ways to upgrade the system. I have heard an amp is a great way to start. Or maybe even switching out another 12 inch sub if the receiver can handle it. I mainly want more bass but am interested in getting a complete package. Thanks guys.

·
Premium Member
15,054 Posts
I think given the list of items you have you may need to upgrade almost everything.
Have a look at this post for starters.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I have looked at that post and I am not looking to spend hardly any money. I basically want to improve my system slightly to have a little more bass. I now am going to buy a subwoofer to go back in it. I like home theatre and all but I am not really into it enough to spend big money. I will honestly be happy with more bass right now and that is all. :)

·
Premium Member
15,054 Posts
This is about the cheapest sub I would recomend for anyone.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The Dayton looks like a great sub. I have also pondered the idea of just buying a 12 inch sub used in a car and installing it in my Box as even more of a budget build but the dayton does look great.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts