Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've read the manual explanations of the perspective control sliders, but I am wondering if I am missing this functionality:

Can perspective be turned off entirely while maintaining a 3D plot in the Room EQ Wizard?

Thanks, Chris

·
Registered
7,514 Posts
Can perspective be turned off entirely while maintaining a 3D plot in the Room EQ Wizard?
I don't quite understand what you want to do.

The ON/OFF perspective button will shut off the plane associated with it, but generally you want the waterfall to be viewed in 3D with all buttons ON.

The best settings for X, Y, Z would be X=1, Y=50, Z=150.

Be sure the LOG view is selected and not the LIN view.

Use the same standard Vertical graph axis of (45dB - 105dB) and the Horizontal graph axis of (15Hz - 200Hz) that is used for your response graphs.

brucek

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
brucek,

I do still want 3D graphs. The best example I could find regarding my perspecive question is this:

(Public domain, from wikimedia.org)

I'd like my graphs to be like 'A' but they are currently like 'B' (I'd like my vanishing points to be infinitely far away).

Thanks,
Chris

·
Registered
7,514 Posts
Well, I don't really understand vanishing points, but the waterfalls provided in REW are the standard that everyone uses.

You can play with the X, Y and Z and get it the best you can.

brucek

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Adjusting the sliders does not allow one to eliminate the perspective without flattening the image.

It seems to me the standard in audio books and most programs is the style graph I am describing. I was just trying to figure out how to make the program graph the way that seemed most conventional.

-Chris

·
Registered
7,514 Posts
It seems to me the standard in audio books and most programs is the style graph I am describing
Could you show us that, so I know what you're talking about?

What is it on the waterfall that you want to see, that you can't see. It's shows the decay in time slices, that's about it...

·
Premium Member
6,711 Posts
No, you cannot remove the depth effect. It was a personal preference to generate the plots as they are, but I can add an option to eliminate the perspective to the feature request list.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
John,

Thanks for the info, I'd really like that to be an option. Also, I figured I'd let you know, I really like the easy zoom and pan capability of the graphics. It makes navigating quite easy.

Could you show us that, so I know what you're talking about?
brucek (for your reference),

If you search google images for “waterfall plot” you will find several plots that look more like image ‘A’ than image ‘B’. An example of what I’m talking about with REW is shown below:

In this image, Y1 = Y2 and X1 = X2 in value, but not in distance. I’m interested in making the distances Y1 = Y2 and X1 = X2.

Thanks,
Chris

1 - 8 of 8 Posts