Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

161 - 164 of 164 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,941 Posts
Wayne,

BTW, Will that make a discernable enough difference??

·
Registered
25 Posts
The last post was quite awhile ago.... but this was such an interesting read :)

I guess that EQ is indeed possible to address room modes to some degree in the low frequency - otherwise devices like Antimode 8033 would never have found acceptance :D.

Another thing IMHO is that the mic should be of high precision as using an EQ filter requires the system to identify the correct room mode frequency - am I correct? Would an RS SPL meter cut it (if we want to address room mode through REW)?

Another thing that was mentioned often times is that this measured waterfall response is relevant only to the location of the mic, so was wondering exactly how small spot would such EQ benefit - main LP only? Audience to the immediate left and right of the main LP do not enjoy it?

·
Premium Member
6,711 Posts
Another thing IMHO is that the mic should be of high precision as using an EQ filter requires the system to identify the correct room mode frequency - am I correct? Would an RS SPL meter cut it (if we want to address room mode through REW)?
The quality of the mic would not affect the determination of frequency, only amplitude. An RS SPL meter would do just fine.

Another thing that was mentioned often times is that this measured waterfall response is relevant only to the location of the mic, so was wondering exactly how small spot would such EQ benefit - main LP only? Audience to the immediate left and right of the main LP do not enjoy it?
Depends entirely on the room, to find out just measure in the positions of interest.

161 - 164 of 164 Posts