Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The tv is about 4 or 5 years old. The modle number is ws 65315.. I have wavy lines that mess up the picture for the first foot on the top of the screen. It sometimes goes away and then comes back.. everything else is fines its just the lines.. does anyone know whats wrong with the tv? PLEASE HELP i cant take it anymore!!

Thnaks
kevin

·
Registered
91 Posts
Re: Wavy lines on the top of my mistu 65

You may have solder crack rings in the convergence circuit. If this is the case touch them up if any before it's too late.

Or the STK chips are at their thermal edge and loosing stability. Use a mini fan to blow some air to the STK heatsinks. If you don't see the issue anymore by doing this, you'll need a new pair of STKs.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

Where would the STK heatsinks be loacted? and where would i look for the cracks?

this is a start
thanks so much

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

My STK chips look like tht.. is that bad the white sticky stuff? all the pins look good tho. Should i just take it to repair shop?

·
Registered
91 Posts

the white stuff is thermal grease. Did you visually check STK/resitor etc's solder joints at the bottom side of the PCB?

·
Registered
91 Posts

sometimes cracks/solder void is hard to tell with bare eyes. If you have soldering skills simply touch up those solder joints of STK/resistors/yoke_connectors. Otherwise you do need a service tech to help.

·
Registered
91 Posts

You may also try the fan cooling experiment. If issue goes away that means STKs are having thermal stability issue. If so replace STKs or add a cooling system,:heehee:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts