Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have had this television since it was released. All works well, but I am having trouble setting up my digital OTA channels. Can someone please explain step by step how to set this up? For example, use ANT input 1, search for AIR (or cable?) channels, etc. For the love of god, I can not get this to work.

Also, I still have the original firmware. Can I upgrade it myself by downloading a file to a SD card? Or do I have to get Mitz to send one to me? If the later, what is the phone number I call?

Thanks!

·
Plain ole user
11,121 Posts
When you say you can't get it to work, do yo not get any channels at all? What kind of antenna are you using? What channels are available in your location and what kind of antenna are you supposed to need to get them?

I would not attempt a firmware upgrade unless you get specific info from Mits that it will solve a specific problem. In that case they will send you the card.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes, I get the channels (ABC, NBC, CBS, Fox, PBS, etc - all HD), but they are very choppy. But the thing is, I don't think the antenna is actually being utilized. It comes with a small amplifier dongle that can be used, or not. When I hook only that dongle to the TV, without the antenna, I get the same quality as when the antenna is hooked up too. I am thinking I may just not be setting the channels up correctly inside the TV. I have tried the antenna inside my house, and I now have it mounted on top of my house. Both result in the exact same choppy quality.

I am using the Monoprice HDA-5700 indoor/outdoor antenna.
(sorry, new members are not allowed to post links)

The WD-52525 has a built in HD tuner, right?
From the Monoprice site ..
Question: Will this device allow me to turn my monitor into an HDTV?
Answer: Not by itself. This is just an antenna. You need a tuner to tune into HD Channels.

·
Plain ole user
11,121 Posts
If you get the channels and they break up, you have set up the TV correctly and it is working correctly. Your problem is a signal issue. You either have a malfunction in the amplifier for the antenna, not enough gain in the antenna, or multipath.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
After reading more about my antenna, it seems that it is a directional antenna. So I have been aiming it in different directions and have it working better. I just need to find the right directions to get the most channels.

Are there any omni-directional HD channels that work well? Or are directional antennas the standard?

Thanks for your help.

·
Plain ole user
11,121 Posts
I would get a rotator. Omnis have less gain and more problems with multipath. It really depends on your location relative to the transmitters.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts