Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is interesting. Woke up yesterday morning, turned on my WD-52631 and got about 10-seconds of video and then nothing but a red flashing "status" light. I have since unplugged, reset and nothing. Talked to Mitsubishi guy on the phone who told me that I need my TV serviced. When I pressed him on which specific problem might be plaguing my set, he told me he couldn't talk about it. I did get a reference number.

Bought the TV in Oct. 2006, from (no-longer in business) Circuit City and the extended warranty expired in Oct. 2008.

Any advice?

:gah:

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Re: Mitsubishi V26 chassis (1st gen DLP) capacitor failures

Also, something that I immediately noticed. Normally, when you power-up the unit there is an audible whining sound (like a hard-drive booting) that I don't hear anymore. Well, I hear it, but for only a second. Normally you'd hear it "wind-up" for about 10 seconds, then the screen would light up.

·
Plain ole user
11,121 Posts

Press device (input) and menu simultaneously for 5 seconds and read the two digit code that flashes on the LED.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

OK, I'm kinda stupid.

Press device and menu and view the LED???

On the remote? No device button.

What screen?

TV does not work. Only flashing red status light.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

OK, pressed input and menu button for 5 seconds and nothing. What am I looking for and where?

·
Plain ole user
11,121 Posts

If the timer LED did not flash a two digit code you are not getting the diagnostics. You need to call a servicer to troubleshoot the unit or get a service and training manual if you can find them.

·
Plain ole user
11,121 Posts
Your posts were moved to a new thread to maintain forum organization to make information easier to find.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts