Home Theater Forum and Systems banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
New guy here with a problem.
I own a WD62525 that just started getting horizontal stripes in the picture after the set is on for a while.

I had the local repair man check it out and he said that the Mitsu tech told him the boards are bad/going bad.

They suggested sending them in for and exchange at $300.00 a board(two needed).

The local tech told me it was going to take him six hours to get the boards out and that is was going to cost me $250.00 just for that labor plus any repair cost..

He also told me that my boards may be repairable but he won't know until they get them out and test them.

Are they setting me straight or is my chain being pulled?

Thanks.
Great forum :T

·
Plain ole user
11,121 Posts
Your tech has not been paying attention, or he is being misleading or unclear. Replacing or repairing individual boards in these sets is NOT advised. He needs to send the entire chassis to Mitsubishi for a rebuild of all 5 boards. Unless he was to replace several hundred caps on these boards you would likely have more problems before long. Mitsubishi charges $300 dealer cost, usually $500 retail for a chassis rebuild on these, and you will get a 6 month warranty from them on the rebuilt chassis. Contact customer relations for assistance and if you are the original owner, you may get some accomodation on the cost of repair.

These sets have extensive problems with bad capacitors on all 5 boards in the chassis and any partial repair is not advised.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts