Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Out of no where, vertical lines have appear in my picture running the entire length of the screen at equal distances apart. They seem to "move" up and down a bit depending on the image displayed. It has been on different inputs including component and hdmi with different sources and the same issue. The lines appear in the menu backgrounds as well.

Any idea what the problem is/how to fix it? No work has ever been done to the set and it is still on its original bulb.

·
Plain ole user
11,121 Posts
Are you sure you mean vertical lines? You said that they are moving up and down.

Disconnect everything from the set and see if the menus and on screen graphics still have it.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
They are vertical, I guess when I say move, the areas of the line seem to disappear and reappear as images on the screen move through them... i.e. blank screen = lines up and down the entire height from side to side, spaced roughly an inch or so apart. When something like a person is on the screen, only parts of the person have lines running through them as they move across the screen.

I have unplugged everything and the lines still appear in all of the menu functions etc.

·
Plain ole user
11,121 Posts
If you disconnected EVERYTHING at the same time, the problem must be in the set and you need to call a Mitsubishi ASC and have the set serviced. Post their findings here. I know of no simple symptom/repair relations for this problem.

·
Plain ole user
11,121 Posts
Let us know your progress.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts