Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Premium Member
348 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My BFD 1124p LEDs show two different input levels. I run dual SVS PB13s and use a split RCA cable out of the receiver. The right input level is always 2 levels below the left. It wasn't always this way so I thought the BFD had an issue and sent it for repairs. They sent me a new one, I know this because the original had a scratch that isn't there on the replacement. And the exact same problem exists. Its not a cable issue because I switched them and the issue remained on the right side. I'm stumped:scratch:

·
Premium Member
348 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
ok with the operating level switch set to -10 and the rca splitter bypassed I tested cable 'A' in the right input then the left input. Then tested cable 'B' in the right input then the left input. In both scenarios the right level meter registered 2 LEDs lower than the left level meter. ???????????

·
Super Moderator
9,257 Posts

Looks like they dropped a fresh cover on your old BFD and sent it back to you. :D

In the end it’s not that big a deal. If one channel is putting out a lower signal than the other, you can make it up with the sub’s gain control. It might be nothing more than the meter being miscalibrated.

Regards,
Wayne

·
Premium Member
348 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Everything points to the issue being with the bfd, but the odds of getting two units with that issue are astronomical. I have the serial number of the original unit in an email I sent Behringer. I'm going to check it against the unit when I get home after work.

·
Premium Member
348 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Serial numbers don't match. So unless they went through the trouble of replacing the entire case without fixing the problem then the issue isn't originating in the bfd. But testing says its not a cable and the receiver doesn't have anything to do with it.

·
Premium Member
348 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
OK, that was the issue. The right channel switch was set to +4. I must have looked at the diagram of the back of the bfd 10 times to make sure I had the switch at the right setting and not once did I notice there was 2 switches. Talk about having blinders on. Thanks again bjs for reading between the lines and pointing out something that would seem to be obvious.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts