Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
With Kevin running a clearance sale on his PRs, I thought I should get off the fence and build something. I have procrastinated on a build not knowing what I really wanted. I toyed with many ideas, from just rebuilding my present Sonotube to going all out and building a new monster sub. The Sonotube sub I have now is built with a Bluprint 1503 driver tuned to 20hz and driven by a Yamaha P7000s. My only complaint is that it just doesn’t have enough output down low, I would really like a sub with good output all the way down to 15hz. I really don’t need high SPL output, just flat output down low. I have all my speakers crossed over at 45hz and they sound very good so the sub would only need to fill below 45hz.

Playing in Unibox on a potential design, I have noticed I can achieve nearly the same output using one 18” PR or two 15”ers. Using two 18” PRs did not seem to work well for sub 20hz output. I know about the advantages of mounting PRs on opposite sides of a cabinet to offset the moving mass but is there any other advantage to going with two 15” PRs over one 18”?

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Here's the info I have

DUMAX report :
Qts 0.376
Qes 0.411
Qms 4.458
Vas 92 liters
Fs 25.52 Hz
Re 3.93
Sd 737 cm^2
Xmax 25.9 mm
BL 22.35
SPL 87.74 dB
Pe 1000 Watts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
204 L internal volume without deducting the driver volume, 6" ID port 29-1/2" long, no high pass filter, FBD for EQ. Here is the raw and corrected SPL graph.

·
Registered
103 Posts
didn't see em listed here when i saw them at avs or i wuda simply advised to the classified area.

besides, i would never link someone to a different sub mfg.

Exodus FTW!:T

1 - 12 of 12 Posts