Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
wow. Thats all I have to say at this point. I did my first measurement not long ago. i will be needing help for sure. If I think it sounds ok now..... I must be missing out a lot. im tring to get all this figured out before the sub arives. Ho boy all the fun im getting into. I almost wish I was ok with sub par. the OCD!:hissyfit:

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ill try but I don't think I have the correct graph size and I was kinda confused on the instructions because my graph size/hz adjustment had a right and left. how do I just use the subwoofer graph? I did not have the audio in just to the sub.

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
So I was reading around and found out that I shouldn't be using the denon's auto eq function measurements. At this point I noticed that the auto eq is not helping with all the reflection in the room. Is rew and a omni mic a better way around the auto eq function? Should I see better gains in sound quality then I have currently with the components provided?

·
Plain ole user
11,121 Posts
I would start by making measurements with and without the auto eq to see what it is doing and what the response looks like without it.

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Am I supposed to point the mic in the direction that I am listening? forward or backwards towards the room?

·
Premium Member
6,711 Posts
Depends on which mic cal file you are using, if you have a cal file - they are typically either for the mic pointed straight up or straight at the speaker you are measuring. Doesn't much matter for sub measurements though.

·
Premium Member
15,054 Posts
So I was reading around and found out that I shouldn't be using the denon's auto eq function measurements.
Im not sure where your getting that info but its not correct. If run properly with the mic on a tripod pointing up at ear level measuring at least 6 positions in a box formation about 2ft apart you should get really good results.

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
All things on pause for a min. Almost have my new sub up and running. Also my new towers and center will hopefully be here shortly. Sub is a 18" to sounds lms ultra with a pair of funk audio pr's powered by a behringer Inuke 3000 equalized with a mini dsp 2x4. Towers will be chane audio & cinema A5rx-c with a Matching center. I will not be able to use any type of traps so this will get interesting. I'll keep you posted as soon as the boxes start rolling in. First will be the center. Arrives tomorrow. Yay!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts