Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm trying to perform some output tests on my processor regarding x-over points and slopes. To remove all other components from the readings (amp, speakers, etc), I have the line output of my processor connected directly to the input of my soundcard.

Here is the result:

I turned off the RS analog meter calibration file, so why the smiley face graph?

Thanks.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Uncheck the C-Weight box...............

I knew that! I guess I was just in too much of a hurry. I got away from using REW for a few months. It's so easy to forget the little things.

I just received my Behringer ECM8000 today. That'll be my next adventure.

Bruce: Thanks for always being around here and helping like you. I really do appreciate the help you (and others) are always giving out.

·
Elite Shackster , HTS Moderator Emeritus
2,216 Posts
I did the same thing years ago, only I had already gone through and set filters to correct and wondered why the bass sounded horrible. Then I ran the "empty" sweep and noticed the weighting. DOH!!!

Glad you got it fixed. For bass stuff, the Behringer is a great mic. What preamp are you using with it?

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I did the same thing years ago, only I had already gone through and set filters to correct and wondered why the bass sounded horrible. Then I ran the "empty" sweep and noticed the weighting. DOH!!!

Glad you got it fixed. For bass stuff, the Behringer is a great mic. What preamp are you using with it?
Actually I wasn't using a mic with that graph. I had my processor's line output going right into my sound card for the measurements I wanted.

I received my ECM8000 today. I just popped on the forum to get the setup instructions for the XENYX 802. I can't wait to get things working. Should be fun to play around with.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Hey TJ -

Just thought I'd pop in to say hello. I expect to see you over here from time to time when we aren't hanging out on AVS.

Cheers,

- Tim

1 - 6 of 6 Posts