Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
There are so many options not sure where to go I haven't heard many subs... But want a sub for 95% movies so low bass is a must!

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I hear great things about SVS and Rythmik. And really wish I could hear some opinions on an Earthquake sub if anyone has heard one!

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks guys! But no one knows about the Earthquake? I really would like to hear about this sub! Supposed to go really low but no one has heard one.

·
Registered
630 Posts
Thanks guys! But no one knows about the Earthquake? I really would like to hear about this sub! Supposed to go really low but no one has heard one.
I can not help you on that one -

However, the Triax is rated for 4,000 watts rms - and 15Hz-200Hz +/-3dB, with
the potential to go below 10 hz in a typical room to around 7 hz

2 meter ground plane measurement - 1/6 octave smoothing
http://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/0153/1797/files/Triax_Frequency_Response.jpg?1101

·
Registered
174 Posts
You can get 2 Rythmik FV15HP's for a little over $2500 delivered. That would produce incredible output and excellent sound quality. I can't speak for the other brands.

·
Registered
3 Posts
You could use audiophile hobbyist builders to get a very specific build. Try ECS. The subwoofer cost $1399.99. It is well worth the spend. I have compared it to an SVS that i used in My first home theater set up. Very outrageous. The finish was black and the sub was a 15 inch. This ECS subwoofer is a 12 inch and is just as powerful and maybe goes lower in bass..If interested I can give you his contact..

·
Registered
63 Posts
My vote would be the JL Audio F113 Fathom! It cost a little more but it won't disappoint. You could pick up a used one and stay under your budget as well. Good luck with your selection!

·
Registered
178 Posts
I have Dual Seaton submersives and they are incredible. I would include them in your consideration set. Will NOT disappoint! I've never heard the Earthquake so I can't help on that one.

Sent from my iPad using HTShack

·
Registered
38 Posts
I have Dual Seaton submersives and they are incredible. I would include them in your consideration set. Will NOT disappoint! I've never heard the Earthquake so I can't help on that one.

Sent from my iPad using HTShack
I have not heard this sub myself but I have only heard extremely positive about Mark's Subs..To the OP there are some pretty good youtube vids on several of the subs mentioned above.
As for myself, I'm currently waiting on shipment of my new FV15HP that I ordered on Fri..

·
Registered
205 Posts
I would have to second two of the suggestions already made.

With a solid cap of $2500 and no plans for future upgraded, the dual Rythmik FV15HP's would be very hard to beat.

If you can swing a bit more down the road, the dual Seaton Submersive suggestion would give you one of the best subwoofer systems in the world for its size. About $2500 now, a second in slave setup for $1200.

·
Registered
492 Posts
If I were you I would definitely go duel subs if you have the room, mainly for the purpose of having better overall coverage through out your room instead of just concentrating on you main LP. As for as suggestions go you can also chem out, PSA's XS 30's. Good luck with your decision, it definitely don't be a easy one.

·
Registered
49 Posts
The key to good bass is having multiple sources i.e. multiple subwoofers. This smooths the bass response and allows smaller subwoofers to be employed in many situations. At the $2500 mark four of the Hsu Research VTF-2 Mk.4 or Outlaw Audio LFM-1 Plus ported subwoofers would provide awesome output and good musicality. An alternative would be the Dayton Audio T1204K subwoofer kit based on the high quality 12" Titanic Mk.4 driver in a sealed enclosure. These assemble quickly and perform like more expensive commercial offerings.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Multiple subwoofers are very difficult for the average person to EQ properly. I've tried many subs in my basement theater system, including two HSU VTF-15H's (which were sold soon after). A single SVS PB13 Ultra in 20Hz mode, properly placed in the room provides me with perfect, even bass in my fairly large 20'x25'x8' theater space.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts