Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

81 - 86 of 86 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
First a Philips Pronto and later a Harmony 780 -- did not find either acceptable for my needs and gave them to Goodwill as donations. While everyone but me wants to push ONE button such "DVD" and the HDTV, pre-pro, amplifiers, BD-player, etc. ALL turn on and the movie plays, etc. My preference is to turn on each piece, one at a time, so I have 8 remotes sitting on the coffee table next to my listening/watching position.

MikeSp

·
Registered
10 Posts
Even though this is an old thread, I thought I may as well post something. I have been a member for years, but I think this will be my first post (I rarely post, just read).

I bought an RS 15-2116 years ago and programed it with a JP1 cable - it works great, even after all these years, and does everything I need it to do. It even outlived two Harmony 659s (they both had a problem with the keypad button contacts wearing out, probably could fix them with some conductive paint but never got around to it). The RS, however, has had absolutely no problems of anykind.

However, since buying a new LG 42LK450 last January, it has gotten a little bit confusing for my wife to use, as well as still having to use the WDTV Live's remote.

A week or so ago, I was in Costco, and lo and behold, they were selling the Logitech 650. So I bought one and it brought back pleasant memories on how easy the 659's were to use. But at less than a third the price of the 659's. I hope I can get more than 2 years of work out of this remote, but if not, I can buy a new one, or go back to the old reliable RS.

edit: hey this is actually my fifth posting, didn't think I had ever posted here.

·
Premium Member
1,167 Posts
Two Logitech Harmony One Remotes.....for me :D

·
Registered
432 Posts
For me, it's two URC WR7 Universal Remote Controls, and one Harmony One remote.

The Harmony unit is okay, but I very much prefer the URC WR7 remotes and use them pretty much exclusively these days! :T

·
Registered
313 Posts
I have the Logitech Harmony 1100. It works great for me! No problems what so ever! Does all the input changes correctly. I just have to get the ps3 adapter.

·
Registered
113 Posts
I have two Logitech Harmony One remotes - one for the living room and the other for the bedroom. I have had both for several years now and the only issue I have is that in order to program them you need separate accounts with Logitech (one account for each remote). It would have been nice to only log in once and select which remote I want to program but that is a small bone to pick :)

81 - 86 of 86 Posts