• Other

Votes: 20 7.5%

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 165 Posts

·
Banned
22,577 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What's your favorite Internet browser is the poll question. Votes are public.

I always use the latest version of Firefox on all of my computers. Love it! I also use Thunderbird email client which is great.

On my laptop I have a widescreen and the resolution is 1920 X 1080. I get a really good and wide view of the forum.

·
Registered
7,514 Posts
I use IE6 with Text Size on Medium and a screen resolution of 1280 x 1024 (32 bits) on a 19" CRT.

Spoiler
This is my first post. I wish it was a bit more profound :dontknow:

brucek :p

·
Premium Member
166 Posts
I use IE with screen at 1280X800.

Never thought of changing it to another size.

·
HTS Senior Moderator
5,423 Posts
Me too,... Firefox and Thunderbird 1280 X 1024 except at work where I am stuck with IE and Outlook, though I do have a nice LCD there and 1024 x 768 iirc

Updated with my new Samsung widescreen 1680 x 1050

·
Banned
22,577 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I don't think I've every had active X or java blocked but I know MS Antispyware pops up and ask me if it's okay to do this and that all along. Somehow I've managed to be virus free for a *long time on my own computers (*forever). I guess I've been lucky, unlike my daughter who downloads every tom, dick and harry program on the net. I have to just about wipe out her puter every 4-6 months.

M

·
0 Posts
IE here because I need to active sync from outlook to my PDA.
Resolution 1024 x 768:blink:

·
Banned
22,577 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I've been tinkering with IE7 beta 2 and at first thought it might be faster than IE6... maybe even on par with FF... but after using it a few days I don't think so. They still got some work to do at Microsoft.

·
Registered
636 Posts
Safari and OmniWeb. My display is 1920x1200, but of course my browser windows are always much smaller than that. I'd say, 800x1000 on average?

·
Banned
22,577 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Sounds like you keep two browser windows open. I do that sometimes but tabs seems to work pretty good too... unless I need to compare side by side.

·
Registered
636 Posts
No...sorry, guess you're not familiar with Safari and OmniWeb? They are two different browser applications. I use tabs and keep multiple windows open in both. But they have slightly different feature sets and tabbed browsing behavior and I sometimes prefer one or the other for certain web sites or browsing behavior. Safari tends to be faster at page rendering but OmniWeb has a richer feature set.

Typically, I have one browser window open. Sometimes I have a dozen. I keep both applications open.

1 - 20 of 165 Posts