• Other

Votes: 20 7.5%

• Total voters
21 - 40 of 165 Posts

·
Registered
386 Posts
Make this a poll;

Firefox is what I use. IE is the devil. Got a horrible virus from *testing* with it as I was setting up a website.

J

·
0 Posts
Well I use 1024 x 768 and Firefox and Thunderbird. Like the setup and security features

·
Registered
386 Posts
Sonnie said:
Good idea and done! It's now officially a poll! :T
Thanks, Sonnie. I (bad word(s)) hate IE so much that some of my websites now block it altogether. I think even my HT blog gives a warning about IE. Being a software developer, I am horrified at what IE is like.

If you have access to your server logs, you might even be able to get a report as to what browsers hit this site...

·
Registered
20 Posts
OLD: Home PC: IE @ 1600 x 1200 on a Mitsubishi 21" CRT

Work laptop: IE and Firefox @ 1280 x 800 on the internal 17" widescreen display

EDIT: New monitor for home is now 24" LCD at 1920x1200. Still using IE and Firefox.

·
Banned
22,577 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
A lot more use widescreen than what I was expecting. Must be becoming more an more popular. I do love my WS lappy.

toecheese said:
If you have access to your server logs, you might even be able to get a report as to what browsers hit this site...
Yeah... actually I can view it right here on the forum... I didn't really need to ask or have a poll but thought it would be interesting for all to see.... and I was curious about resolution as it effects how I setup the board.

Here are a few examples:

64.91.40.25 (64-91-40-25.dyn.centurytel.net)
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.8.0.3) Gecko/20060426 Firefox/1.5.0.3

81.197.227.213 (a81-197-227-213.elisa-laajakaista.fi)
Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows NT 5.1; en) Opera 8.54

61.9.214.62 (CPE-61-9-214-62.qld.bigpond.net.au)
Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows NT 5.1; SV1; .NET CLR 1.0.3705; .NET CLR 1.1.4322; Media

Just glancing at them most are using FF.

·
Registered
386 Posts
FlashJim said:
Opera 1280 x 1024

IE is "watched" at work. I get all of my HTS reading done via Opera because I fly under the radar.
I wouldn't be so sure about that- much easier to watch a port number (80) rather than trying to monitor a specific application. Then again, I suppose they could look at browsing history, but if you can't stop that, I'm curious they'd let you install an alternate browser.

Chances are, you *are* being watched. Be thee careful.:yikes:

·
Premium Member
570 Posts
I wouldn't be so sure about that- much easier to watch a port number (80) rather than trying to monitor a specific application. Then again, I suppose they could look at browsing history, but if you can't stop that, I'm curious they'd let you install an alternate browser.

Chances are, you *are* being watched. Be thee careful.:yikes:
True, they aren't watching IE, they are monitoring port 80 as well as possibly monitoring your temporary internet files on the local machine.

·
Registered
402 Posts
I use the Mozilla Suite at 1024X768. I know it is no longer being developed, but I like the asthetics as well as the integrated mail client. The only time I use Internet Exploder is when Mozilla won't display a given page for some reason (rare)

·
Banned
22,577 Posts
Discussion Starter #38
Hey Derek... you know you can get a plug-in ... either IE Tab or IE View-Lite, not sure which one does it, but it gives you a little icon at the bottom right corner of the window that you simply click for IE, click again for FF. Pretty handy and doesn't require opening another browser window.

IE Tab is it... just checked.

·
Registered
402 Posts
Kewl! Thanx, Sonnie...:)

21 - 40 of 165 Posts