Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is obviously a non-dedicated theater room in our basement that is under construction. I will have a 60" TV on the wall used for most occasions with the drop down projector used for night time movies and probably sporting events when people are over.

There is one window on the bar side which doesn't allow a whole lot of light into the basement and could be controlled. That being said the ceiling will most likely be a light white/off white color and the carpet will be a lighter berber style mixed tan colored carpet. I'm 90% fixed on a BenQW1070 throwing the image about 10' at a 100-106" screen. Viewing distance will be in the 10-14' range depending on what type of seating we go with.

I"m looking for a cheaper screen(like the $200-$300 models), I'm okay if I only get 2 years from it and at that point I think I'll know how much we use it, if that color worked well for our situation and will have an easier time dropping $1,000 if necessary on a higher quality tensioned screen.

All this being said is a grey screen the way to go? It seems tougher to find a lower budget grey screen as well. I'm afraid I'll have people over and some lights on and the image will look terribly washed out or even when my wife and I have the lights out by ourselves the reflection from the floor/ceiling will wash the image out?

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Any suggestions on more of a budget priced grey screen, I can't seem to find many/any in the $200-$400 range?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts