Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

What do you all think of my HT?

Tags
ht
1K views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  scot 
#1 ·
I have a post in another asking specific questions about panel vs broadband resonators if you would like to add to that. Here are a few of my current graphs though, full range and partial.

This is based on 8-10 hours of iterative analysis and testing. L shaped basement that is open to the rest of the house makes the setup VERY difficult, and this was the best I could do. I only have moderate absorption for bass at the moment.

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
Usually waterfall plots are only useful for frequencies below ~200Hz. Above that, RT60 is used, and only when the room is quite large.

You have a fair dip in your response around 35Hz and it's peaking up around 120Hz. Perhaps a positional change in the sub would help.

The waterfall decay looks quite good.

brucek

#3 ·
Wish it were that simple. The 60hz dip you see in this one goes to a 30-40db 2 ft back or forward. Moves around a bit between 58-62hz depending on where it is placed.

I could not find any placement which causes that 35-120 range to be a bit more flat.

#4 ·
I think I will ignore the 60Hz and 120Hz since that looks like noise. Since the ringing at 75Hz - 100Hz is pretty low that is nice. I see alot of activity down low in every which direction which makes me think that there is something very simple to be fixed. The waterfall with the very wide frequency range looks nice but there is indication lacking in the amount of absorption which maybe a RT60 would better reveal. I think that is certainly would sound good in person, just perhaps a bit more live in certain times.. As far as the response goes looks very good just maybe a little bit on the sharpness side as far as a reflection goes in the higher end. That is would I would define as alot of reflection in the high end of the frequencies. The measurements look very valid and the room looks well treated with respect to some problem areas as far as what can be done to improve things. I think it looks very simple to improve and you should continue to treat the room.

#5 ·
60hz and 120hz isn't noise, or at least I don't think it is. I can move those dropouts around by moving my speakers around. Problem is the places where they dissapear also correspond with places where serious issues exist elsewhere that affect the sound in some pretty bad ways.

Walking around the room 60hz has a 35-40db bump in two corners of the room, and by putting all of my absorbing material there it went from a huge hole, down to what you see on that sheet.

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.