Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

What format do you like to use to watch movies?

• Bluray

Votes: 93 90.3%
  • DVD

Votes: 12 11.7%
  • TV/Satt/PVR

Votes: 15 14.6%
  • Streaming format IE: Netflix or Amazon

Votes: 16 15.5%
  • Other (list in your post)

Votes: 6 5.8%
1 - 20 of 64 Posts

·
Premium Member
15,054 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Ok, so it seems that streaming is becoming very popular but my personal opinion is that we are loosing a lot of quality due to compression both on the audio and video side.
So... my question is what media delivery format do you use?
More than one answer is allowed. Vote in the attached Poll and say why you choose that in a post.

·
Registered
17 Posts
I exclusively use Blu Ray or DVD.

From what I've seen from my Cable Service Provider, their 'Video on Demand' quality is not up to par IMO...

TAM

·
Registered
658 Posts
I don't see a poll :)

I mostly watch movies on bluray. I do use amazon instant video and netflix as well. I have probably only watched a handful of dvds in the last decade, and I don't think I've rented a movie in the last ten years either.

·
Premium Member
15,054 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Poll is up now

·
HTS Moderator , Reviewer
5,742 Posts
I'll do a little streaming, for throway stuff like TV shows, but it can never replace blu-rays or actually OWNING films

·
Premium Member
3,374 Posts
I use BD as long as it is available because I want the audio performance as much as the 1080p video.

·
Registered
492 Posts
Definitely blu-ray or DVD, as others have mentioned my cable provider, can't hold a stick to the quality from a DVD or blu-ray.
I'm also not a big fan of streaming either, even though it seems to be the path to the future.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Bluray when I got it, but most of the time I'm watching it on Cable cause I'm too lazy/cheap to pick up the actual disk. Not too many movies I want to watch over and over so I've cut back on buying. Probably own more Music Blurays/DVDs then I do movies.

·
Registered
910 Posts
Almost exclusively Blu-ray. Nothing else can match audio performance

·
Banned
1,050 Posts
With the exception of the overly commercialized garbage piped in by Comcast, all movie are blu-ray for visual and sonic superiority.

·
Registered
4,048 Posts
Only blu-ray on the main system. Blu-ray, and dish DVR on the bedroom system. Steaming just isn't there yet, and once you get a taste for high quality media, it's hard to go back. Just like trading your "real" sub for an accoustimass module. I think the majority of "streamers" have prioritized quantity, so providers feel less pressure to put resources into quality product. (Not an attack on those consumers, to be clear)...maybe the tech isn't there either. Hopefully someday, cause I think there is real potential. Fwiw, I'm also old school, and like liner notes, and tangible media. Lol

·
Registered
591 Posts
85% Blu-ray, 10% DVD, 5% Digital Download. All of this depending on availability. I don't stream anything over the internet, the quality just isn't there.

1 - 20 of 64 Posts