Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

41 - 47 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
306 Posts
Discussion Starter #41
With my power line sagging how much of an impact do you think it has?

as i have it currently connected as a 2Ohm load on the EP2500 bridged (yes i know they say not to do it but it works), and when i really push it my lights dim a good amount. is there any way to actually gauge how much wattage is actually being put out at the sagging stage?

·
Registered
7,514 Posts
when i really push it my lights dim a good amount.
Stop doing that. Don't connect that amp to a 2 ohm load. When the lights dim, it means you're dropping the voltage across any series resistance in the path from the service panel to the load. Do you want to start a fire?

brucek

·
Registered
306 Posts
Discussion Starter #44
Stop doing that. Don't connect that amp to a 2 ohm load. When the lights dim, it means you're dropping the voltage across any series resistance in the path from the service panel to the load. Do you want to start a fire?

brucek
well if you put it that way... maybe i shall stop doing that...

·
Registered
1,018 Posts
Those who care about raw amplifier power live in the UK where 3kW kettles are common. 250 Volts with 13Amp fuses.

Denmark is not quite so much fun. The 250 Volt 10Amp fuses don't really like 3kW kettles. Not if you turn anything else on at the same time. :D

·
Registered
1,249 Posts
Come to Australia, 240V @ 15amps = 3600watts RMS :demon:
And nearly every domestic dwelling can be wired for 3-4 phase ([email protected]) :raped:

Just wish I had the gear to take advantage of it all.

If the supply over there is anything like here in Oz, that is the supply is an RMS value not peak, then the supply voltage (120Volts RMS) with a 15 amp fuse should be able to peak at 2500Watts for short periods. This means the amp can draw what it requires to supply 2000+ Watts (but only for short periods) without heavy reliance on its supply capacitors. Disclaimer, I know very little about the American power grid.

·
Registered
1,018 Posts
Ordinary Danish homes are wired with three phases. They seem use all of them routinely! It was terrifying when I first came over here! :eek:

I only wanted to change an old ceiling rose dropwire and there were more cables in there than most AVRs have dangling off the back! :dumbcrazy:

41 - 47 of 47 Posts