Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok, i post with reservations = lookin like a dummy. i will ask anyway. :hide:

i have 2 boxs that were built to, basicly, the KAPPA PERFECT build.
mine are 18x24x29 external, 3/4 birch. 12 1/2x3x59 slot port.

this setup doesn't sound/feel bad. but the kappas just couldn't handle it.
so now i have 1, other is still on the truck(yeah UPS) CSS SD12's. as recomended in the "blown kappa" thread. nice looking drivers.

anyway. i want to know what my tuning is on this. tia

:hsd: = love this smilie :yay2:

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thank you, sir.

i wish i had both drivers. but i will try out the one i have today. sure hope it works as good as indicated on this forum. it sure looks more heavy duty.

is there a thread to post driver pics ? for the database.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
CSS SD12 with the KAPPA PERFECT 12.1.

i just started finishing the cabinets. i had intended to veneer them. so i didn't care about the finish, as it would be covered up. but i changed my mind, and now they are being painted semi gloss black. thats the primer. i still need to fill the blemishes and lots of sanding. i'm not expecting perfection, just looking good from my chair.

Attachments

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
this is the mess behind my mitsu 65" DLP. EP2500 and DCX2496.
my understanding is that this amp is about perfect for this driver. idk.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,398 Posts
The capabilities of the Infinity Kappa Perfect - from what I have seen by a couple posters on this and others forums - are often greatly overstated. It's nothing special in terms of displacement, and for a HT 12" driver, I'd say it's underequipped. Look at that picture of the CSS vs the Infinity.....enough said.

Can't really tell by your last picture, but it looks as if the amplifier is resting on the ground vertically? It needs clearance to be able to pull in fresh air and push out warm air.

·
Premium Member
3,374 Posts
If you get port noise you should round over the outside edge of the port and it will help.

·
Premium Member
3,374 Posts
Hey Mike, Have you ever modeled the Shiva in a slot port box and if so what was the optimum enclosure and port size for HT?

·
Premium Member
3,374 Posts
That's a good size box but I bet it would be a great performer. I am itching to build another one and it looks like that might be it. Thanks so much for the info....:T

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
thanx guys.

the amp is hanging, about 8" off the floor.

one box is ready for paint. the other will be tomorrow, when both will be painted.

post noise. 0 with the kappas. i will see with the sd12's.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
i am figuring that. but will check

yeah. what about puttin em in sealed box's ? and setting them on top off the ported.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
nuther question.

what would be the effects of shortening or lengthening the port ?
6" longer would put it about even with the magnet. 10" would put it over the driver.

tia

1 - 20 of 40 Posts