Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok I want to build my own sub and I been eyeing this sub on Ebay. The guy claims it is a LMS-4000, however it doesn't look anything like it. To me it look like a TC2000. The spec don't match anything from TC site. Can anyone verify?

Thanks!

·
Premium Member
3,374 Posts
Re: What kind of sub is this?

Just contact the seller and ask........:scratchhead:

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

I want to get a second opinion. The seller said they are the last one and that TC make the first batch out of left over parts and this sub is suppose to be better. To me however, the magnet structure looks smaller.

·
Registered
27 Posts

according to the specs it's definitely a lms driver, albeit more like the old lmt's rather than somthing like the 5400. it has a very high Q and a very low sensitivity just like a lmt.

·
Registered
120 Posts

This is a TC-2000,the basket is shared on the TC2000/3000 variants. The magnetic structure is CLEARLY from a TC-2000. This is a TC-2000

LMS,yeah right he can tell that to his sheep and pets.

LMS-4000 ....LOL The LMS-4000 has a much larger motor structure,4 rings high.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

I was about to buy two 12". Good thing I check with you guys. Thanks for the help.

So correct me if I am wrong, but two 12" drivers will be better then one 15" or 18" right since it will move around the same amount of air, but less distortions.

·
Premium Member
713 Posts

"So correct me if I am wrong, but two 12" drivers will be better then one 15" or 18" right since it will move around the same amount of air, but less distortions."
Generally speaking no. Try to get a 14Hz tune with a 12" driver and you might break something.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #14

Mainly for music and some HT. I want to keep it as small as possible while still sounding good as in low distortion. So small sealed or with PR. I was thinking about a Acoupower, but there isn't much out there about it or a RE XXX. However for some reason I am still stuck on the LMS. My amp is a Tsunami HQ 3.4 3400w @ 4ohm bridged. Source will be my Yamaha receiver.

I think you recommended the IXL-18 to me, but they are out of stock and I want something with better built. I figure if I am going to the time and money on it I might as well get a driver that I like best instead of redoing it later.

·
Registered
11 Posts
The only way I'd be interested in this sub is if the seller could take a picture of the VC. If you want a 12" sub with LMT take a look at the Eclipse SW8200 which can still be found for around $200. There is a Klippel test out there (google:sw8200) showing it doing almost 40mm 1 way.

·
Registered
2,431 Posts
One thing I didn't like about the Eclipse SW8200 test was that it likes very large boxes. It's got a load of displacement for a 12.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts