Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

4321 - 4338 of 4338 Posts

·
Registered
3,979 Posts
Arrival is well done also. Lots of mind bending content. Watched it with my 14yo. He wasn't in to that much, but you know. Kids...
I was amazed in HR I don't remember one single Fbomb. Mel Gibson, and a WWII film, especially gory at that, and none? Huh, all good but unexpected.

·
Premium Member
4,363 Posts
Picked up my copy of Planet Earth II in 4K today. Has anybody here seen it yet and if so what did you think? From everything I've read this is now the title to show off 4K HDR/WCG. I'm looking forward to it.

·
Registered
868 Posts
I think I'll be picking up Planet Earth II when I move to (faux) 4k projection.

We watched Star Wars: Rogue One last night. Great show, and we enjoyed it, although the first part where they set up all the characters was a little disjointed and hard to follow for a bit. The audio track was really good and had the bombast that TFA didn't have. Really enjoyed it overall.

·
Premium Member
4,363 Posts
We've watched 4/6 episodes of Planet Earth II and it's amazing. For anybody setup for 4K it's a must own. Absolutely stunning visuals and just an all around good watch. Highly recommended.

·
Registered
733 Posts
Just finished season one of The Knick on Cinemax. This show is absolutely fascinating, directed by Stephen Soderberg and staring Clive Owen. Highly recommended as long as you can handle some graphic surgical scenes.

·
Registered
733 Posts
Started watching "13 reasons why" on Netflix. I definitely do not have the same enthusiasm I did for "Stranger Things" but it is getting so much hype that I will give it a few more episodes before giving up on it.

·
Premium Member
4,363 Posts
We watched Lion last night and really enjoyed it. Not much in the way of eye/ear candy but a wonderful story. Nominated for several awards and it's easy to see why. If you haven't seen it you should put it at the top of your list.

·
Registered
3,979 Posts
We watched Max. Although the story was touching, it was disgustingly predictable, and imo much of the editing was done knowing this movie was made for kids. However we did like it.

·
Registered
3,979 Posts
That's some seriously low content!!! We can't hear that low, but my goodness, can a person even feel that?!

Ya know Lou, my system goes pretty low, but it won't do any justice to the lowest parts of that track. However, I live across the Mississippi from a very large, very active training camp. When they're blowin stuff up on this end of camp with the big stuff, it's unreal. All of a sudden, your entire house is just pressurized air. Only for a split second, but it's awesome. We also have a variety of planes and choppers at random times. Some might think it's irritating, but a) I love it, just because, and b) it's our servicemen and women, getting ready to do a job I don't know if I could. God bless them.

·
Registered
590 Posts
I watched Rampage last night.

4321 - 4338 of 4338 Posts