Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

41 - 60 of 4338 Posts

·
Registered
1,752 Posts
Discussion Starter #44
Grandson is over so he picked. We watched Hotel Transylvania.

·
Registered
36 Posts
I am still working my way through Battlestar Galactica. I did watch Sinister earlier in the week. Kind of a trippy movie.
I've worked my way through the New Battlestar Galactica TWICE so far since I bought the deluxe set with the toy Cylon. LOL

I didn't watch any TV in the last 3 or 4 days, but I did pick up Skyfall while I was picking up some groceries at Wally World.

For some strange reason I find myself wanting to watch John Carter every couple of weeks. I've probably watched that one 12 times. LOL I guess I like all the eye candy and don't really care whether it meshes with the novels but those were written a long time ago.

·
Premium Member
1,163 Posts
Watched Alex Cross and Hansel & Gretel last night.... For some reason I wasn't too into the Hansel & Gretal.

·
Premium Member
1,163 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Watched Dark Knight Rises last night. First saw it in the theater last year. I'm one of the few that enjoyed the story line more than The Dark Knight. Purchased the blu-ray and its awesome. Visually it looks stunning on my projection system. Ultimate reference quality. It also has the most aggressive soundtrack that I've heard. The opening plane scene exhibits incredible low frequency and surround sound. At one point, I noticed my screen was flapping due to the bass.

·
Premium Member
4,363 Posts
Watched Dark Knight Rises last night. First saw it in the theater last year. I'm one of the few that enjoyed the story line more than The Dark Knight. Purchased the blu-ray and its awesome. Visually it looks stunning on my projection system. Ultimate reference quality. It also has the most aggressive soundtrack that I've heard. The opening plane scene exhibits incredible low frequency and surround sound. At one point, I noticed my screen was flapping due to the bass.
Count me in as liking the story line better in The Dark Knight Rises. In my opinion it was the best movie of the franchise in all phases.

·
Registered
1,698 Posts
I also agree ... Going into it I didn't expect it to be better.. I thought Heath ledger played an amazing role ... But after dark knight rises I felt it was on another level

·
Registered
19 Posts
What was great about watching the blu-ray from home was the clarity of Bane's dialogue. Every single word was crystal clear in my HT. While watching the movie in the theater I recall times where I struggled to understand his dialogue.

·
Premium Member
4,363 Posts
I also agree ... Going into it I didn't expect it to be better.. I thought Heath ledger played an amazing role ... But after dark knight rises I felt it was on another level
I also agree that Heath Ledger was outstanding and in my opinion the best Joker to date. However, I think Bane was phenomenal!

·
Premium Member
4,363 Posts
What was great about watching the blu-ray from home was the clarity of Bane's dialogue. Every single word was crystal clear in my HT. While watching the movie in the theater I recall times where I struggled to understand his dialogue.
I watched this one in a IMAX theater and must say I was blown away by Bane's voice and found the dialogue to be incredibly clear. We hardly ever venture out to theaters anymore but when we do I'll pony up the additional bucks just for the reason you stated.

41 - 60 of 4338 Posts