Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

161 - 180 of 4338 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
The Hobbit. I enjoyed the movie very much, but I found that it seemed to be recorded very low and I had to crank up the volume more than normal.

·
Premium Member
7,209 Posts
Being as I was hanging out for the week with a brood of kids, I got to see Pitch Perfect (the oldest two were girls who both do dance) - it was actually mildly entertaining and had a couple laugh out loud moments.......

We also went and saw The Croods. The storyline was ok, but the visual and audio look to be very well done.....

·
Registered
246 Posts
I watched Les Miserable last night, boy thats a much different way to make a movie virtually no spoken dialog at all unlike movies like The Sound of music where there is a mixture every word is sung in Le Mis. Ive never seen the musical (not really my thing) and it took me about 40min to get used to the idea and get past how the story unfolded. The story its very dynamic and its no wonder it got so many awards.
The theatrical play of Les Mis has been to our theater 3 times and played 8 times for each run. I was operating a spotlight onstage and saw it all 24 times. I never got tired of it, the music and imagery is very powerful. I have not seen the movie version yet but it is in my NetFlix Blu-Ray queue.

·
Registered
1,752 Posts
Discussion Starter #170
Watched Rise of the Guardians with my grandson. Jude Law made a great villain.

·
Registered
2,762 Posts
I could not get into Rise of the Guardians. Maybe it was because I watched it at the wrong time. I was too sleepy. I need to watch it again to better appreciate it.

·
Registered
868 Posts
Yeah we just finished watching Rise of the Guardians with the kids tonight. It was a pretty fun show but it didn't bring me in like I was hoping. Not as much as some other recent animated flicks. Still it was good fun, and it looked spectacular. I also liked the use of surrounds on the voice of the villain.

·
Banned
14,914 Posts
I've watched a couple recently, the Hobbit which was excellent and Jack the Giant Slayer which was only so-so.

I have Wreck-It Ralph on tap for this week.

My daughter watched Les Miserables last week and loved it.

·
Premium Member
667 Posts
I've watched a couple recently, the Hobbit which was excellent and Jack the Giant Slayer which was only so-so.

I have Wreck-It Ralph on tap for this week.

My daughter watched Les Miserables last week and loved it.
Wreck-It Ralph --- yeah, my 6yo saw it every day for 2 weeks. I had enough of it, but he could probably see it again if he didn't move onto something else.

We finally saw Sky Fall - pretty decent movie. Not as many 'toys' for bond, just good old fashion 'working with the brain'.

·
Premium Member
1,167 Posts
We watched Killer Joe. It's not about coffee. And a little out there and not for children.
I watch a lot of movies, violence and language included, and I found this movie a bit shocking and crude.

·
Registered
1,698 Posts
Looks like another night of The Lorax my daughter loves the movie and my son just stares at all the colors

·
Registered
1,936 Posts
Taking one for the team the final:):):) twilight movie:(:(:(!!! At least I got Argo as well 12.99 each used at family video on blu ray.

161 - 180 of 4338 Posts