Home Theater Forum and Systems banner
441 - 456 of 456 Posts

·
Registered
597 Posts
Discussion Starter · #441 ·
Star Trek II: The Wrath of Khan
40th Anniversary presented by TCM

I loved it !! I had not seen this film since its release my junior year of "lets get" high in school. I totally forgot the film had Kirstie Ally in her debut !
I just bought tickets for the Thursday night showing !!! Got see this flick again .

Thursday, September 8 at 7:00 pm
Cinemark Tinseltown USA and XD
1545 E Cheyenne Mountain Blvd, Colorado Springs CO 80906 map
Ticket (1) Digital Cinema Luxury Lounger
Seats: F11, F12
Auditorium 1

Kirstiℯ Allℯy αddiction
Kirstie Aℓℓey was born January 12, 1951 in Wichita, Kansas. Her career breakthrough came when she ℓanded her feature-fiℓm debut in Star Trek II: The Wrath of Khan (1982).

·
Registered
597 Posts
Discussion Starter · #442 ·
According to IMDb, it's a thriller. According to YouTube, it's an action-adventure film. And according to a good group of folks with a healthy fear of the sea, it's a horror film.

Definitely up there with the best films ever made. The realism of the characters is incredible, we really know and like them all by the time they get on the boat,
its a brilliant film . Imagine what Spielberg endured... a mechanical shark in salt water. Only practical special effects... just real movie making. VERY realistic scenes in Jaws where the shark looks very menacing.

It’s just got that intensity a film about a man-munching great white shark attacking sun-loving tourists in Martha’s Vineyard.
While it's not supernatural, spooky, or exceedingly gory, there's a giant fish murdering people in Jaws. And the realism of the film is what makes it that much more in the horror genre.

I hope everyone had a great Labor day I sure did !!! I went to see Jaws a second time in the movie theartre @ 10:45 am ! Then a went on a 12.5 mile hike with some running for good measure after the film !

·
Registered
597 Posts
Discussion Starter · #443 ·
Dead Reckoning (1947)
TurnerClassicMovies

Complex, who-dun-it film noir from Columbia Pictures and director John Cromwell was about doomed romance, conspiracy and betrayal.

Femme fatale (Lizabeth Scott).​

film noir, (French: “dark film”) style of filmmaking characterized by such elements as cynical heroes, stark lighting effects, frequent use of flashbacks, intricate plots, and an underlying existentialist philosophy. The genre was prevalent mostly in American crime dramas of the post-World War II era.
film noir | Definition, Movies, & Facts

Minor, but compelling movie to which is always watchable and suspenseful, even if it doesn't rank among Bogart's finest. Scott's performance is excellent , even though many "So Called" critics have slammed the film due to it being an imitation of Lauren Bacall's (Bogart's wife) performance in movie with him at around the same time. Good film Noir with brilliant cinematography, stylish atmosphere & compelling score. Bogart's performance made it worthwhile.

·
Registered
597 Posts
Discussion Starter · #444 ·
The Man Who Never Was (1956)
Turner Classic Movies

Region A (confirmed), Region B (confirmed), Region C (untested)

Gripping chronicle of a true military espionage

Director: Ronald Neame Writers: Ewen Montagu (book) (as The Hon. Ewen Montagu C.B.E. D.L. Q.C.), Nigel Balchin (screenplay) Stars: Clifton Webb, Gloria Grahame, Robert Flemyng

Three times Oscar nominated Clifton Webb, Robert Flemying and Oscar winner Gloria Grahame* star in this highly acclaimed 1956 British war film, based on an incredible true story. THE MAN WHO NEVER WAS tells the story of Operation Mincemeat,The British want to invade Sicily. The problem is that it’s so obvious that they need to invade Sicily that the Nazis are fully aware of it, and have guns and troops amassed there. If they can make the Germans believe they intend to attack somewhere else, they might draw off enough enemy forces to save tens of thousands of British lives. Lt. Cmdr. Ewen Montagu (Clifton Webb) and Lt. George Acres (Robert Flemyng) concoct a plan to obtain a dead body and give it a fictional persona, Captain (Acting Major) William Martin. Dress up a body like an English officer, plant phony orders to invade Greece on him, and let the body wash up on Spanish shores where the Nazis will find it.

The Man Who Never Was is one of the better wartime spy films. This true story of ingenious deception is a riveting tale of wartime espionage. This film should appeal to a wide cross-section of classic film fans, including those who enjoy WWII films, spy thrillers.

Good Read ; A successful British deception operation of the Second World War

Operation Mincemeat
Operation Mincemeat was a successful British deception operation of the Second World War to disguise the 1943 Allied invasion of Sicily.

Gloria Grahame had the "It factor"

·
Registered
597 Posts
Discussion Starter · #445 ·
No code has to be inserted here.
Warner Archive CollectionWarner Bros. | 2014-2015 | Season 2 | 673 min | Rated TV-14 | Oct 27, 2015

Survivors from the nuclear apocalypse have broken into dangerous factions including The Grounders, Reapers and Mountain Men. The first season finale found all of the survivors of the Ark attempting to return to the surface, while The 100 fought for their lives against the Grounders. In Season Two, Clarke and Monty have been captured by the Mountain Men and are being held inside Mt. Weather, but the fate of everyone else is unclear. In the second season, the survivors of the Ark discover the world of the secretive race that controls the Mount Weather facility, while continuing to battle the Grounders who live and hunt in the wilds, ninety-seven years after Earth was decimated by nuclear war.

Set 97 years after a nuclear war destroyed civilization, when a spaceship housing humanity's lone survivors sends 100 juvenile delinquents back to Earth, hoping to repopulate the planet.
At its best, The 100 was among the most innovative and unique sci-fi shows found on television. At its worst, it tried to do too much and overextended its reach. Regardless, there was never a dull moment. If you want big battle scenes, heart pounding action sequences or literal “cliffhanger” rescues? This show has it in spades. While it may air on the small screen, the action sequences easily make the viewer feel as if you’re watching on the silver screen instead. Before you scoff at the idea of getting into a show that airs on the CW think again. This show is not just for teens overly concerned with love triangles. In fact, romance is often the last thing on the minds of these characters when they are simply trying to survive each week.

Eliza Taylor in The 100 (2014)

Octavia Blake- who is becoming quite the warrior thanks to her close relationship with a grounder.

octavia

Abby Griffin – Chief Medical Officer and former councilwoman on the Ark

abby100

Raven Reyes – primary mechanic for the 100.

raven100

Anya – leader of a unit in the Grounders

anya100

Lexa – New leader of the Grounders

lexa100

CLARKE GRIFFIN
Perhaps the best female character on the show, and one of the best on TV is the show’s protagonist Clarke Griffin (Eliza Taylor).

clarke100

The second season picks up with the group still scattered and desperate to be reunited. As members of The 100 and new arrivals from the Ark stake out their place in a dangerous and beautiful new world, they are confronted with the physical peril and moral dilemmas that come with reforging a society.
Eliza Taylor does an outstanding job with her acting in the way she portrays Clarke,Clarke is a natural leader. Even when only a handful of her peers are listening to her at the start of the series, she doesn't stop trying to keep everyone alive. She is the one person, despite all of her bad judgments and the blood on her hands, that everyone defers to - even Lexa and Octavia.
While this is absolutely Clarke's season, most of the characters have to face-off with their previous mistakes.
One of the biggest tests that the characters faced came in the form of Mount Weather. They originally believed that place would be their safe haven but it turned out to house survivors who had some pretty awful intentions for them. In fact, they were such a threat that it caused the "sky people" to form a partnership with The Grounders, which changed everything.

·
Registered
597 Posts
Discussion Starter · #446 ·
Infinite Storm (2022)
Blu-ray
opening night
This movie deserves more attention I was the only one in the theater.

“Infinite Storm” is the true story of Pam Bales, an experienced hiker and former member of Pemigewasset Valley Search and Rescue, who saved a man during a blizzard on Mount Washington in 2010

As an experienced climber (Naomi Watts) ascends Mt. Washington, she turns back before she reaches the summit as a huge blizzard approaches. But on her way down, she encounters a lone, stranded man, and takes it upon herself to get them both down the mountain before nightfall arrives and they succumb to the storm. Based on a true story.
"Infinite Storm” is the true story of Pam Bales, an experienced hiker and former member of Pemigewasset Valley Search and Rescue, who saved a man during a blizzard on Mount Washington in 2010

Produced by the lead actress, this is Naomi Watts statement of serious cinema. It's extremely well done, she is powerful in it. The pacing of this slow burn my not appeal to some viewers, the snow at times looks fake. In the first third of the movie suspension of disbelief in order to enjoy a work of fiction will come in handy but Watts acting makes up for this in spades. And as the movie and story move forward I found myself very engage in this harrowing story ! The film really builds and won me over ! The cinematography is amazing, I almost felt cold and icy chill of the wind .
Naomi Watts put everything she had in this survivalist drama. No makeup. Extreme conditions. Naomi held the movie basically by herself. She is pretty great in her performance. The viewer absolutely needs to let this film unfold; sit through a little uneven storytelling at times. Their characters’ motivations aren’t always clear. But those who trust process of Storytelling their questions by the time the closing credits roll will likely leave satisfied. There is much more to this film than high-stakes survival story filled with twists, missteps and close calls. The tale turns emotionally heavy as you learn more backstory of the characters. It’s got something to say about loss, about grief, about perseverance in the face of howling adversity. Those with the patience to wait for and embrace the slow burn will be rewarded with something inspiring . I don't think this film will get a mass viewing but I am very glad I went to see it. I went in totally blind and it wasn't what I was expecting it all ; I thought it was an Adventure film which it is some degree ; but it's so much more. Recommend !! I am definitely buying this on Blu-ray.

This has nothing to do with anything it's just a random photo I found when looking for images as there are only 5 on IMDb. I found it pleasing to look at.
Age-defying Naomi Watts, 52, she looks great considering she smokes ; I hope she quiets . The Kent-born actress who doesn't mind admitting to a liking for cigarettes.

·
Registered
597 Posts
Discussion Starter · #447 ·
National Geographic
America’s National Parks

Comcast TV DVR recordings
National Geographic takes viewers on an extraordinary venture across world-famous and lesser-known national parks to reveal the diversity and wonder of this beautiful country, from the lush valley floors of Yosemite to the constantly erupting volcanoes of Hawai'i.

AMERICA’S NATIONAL PARKS EPISODES

GRAND CANYON
Premieres Monday, Aug. 29, at 9/8c on National Geographic; Streams Aug. 31 only on Disney+

Grand Canyon National Park is a high-rise haven sculpted by the elements where all of life is connected. Following the cycle of seasons from winter to fall, explore the secret depths of the world’s most famous natural wonder.

At every elevation, from rim to riverbed, the park’s wild inhabitants carve out a niche that gives them an edge in this ancient arena.

YOSEMITE
Premieres Tuesday, Aug. 30, at 9/8c on National Geographic; Streams Aug. 31 on Disney+

Yosemite National Park rises from lush valley floors to soaring alpine peaks. With 4 million visitors a year, famed granite faces, giant sequoias and over 400 different animal species, it’s a celebrity in the world of national parks.

Despite its fame, Yosemite still holds secrets rarely seen. This episode reveals how black bears, coyotes, owls and a host of smaller critters survive in this Californian oasis.

BIG BEND
Premieres Wednesday, Aug. 31, at 9/8c on National Geographic; Streams Aug. 31 on Disney+

Big Bend National Park is a vast wilderness of mountains, deserts and rivers deep in the heart of Texas. A gift to the U.S. from the Lone Star State, Big Bend National Park is a protected sanctuary for life on the southern border.

With more species of birds, bugs and cacti than any other national park in the United States, this park is a unique and harsh wonderland.

BADLANDS
Premieres Thursday, Sept. 1, at 9/8c on National Geographic; Streams Aug. 31 on Disney+

Badlands National Park is a land of rugged beauty, 75 million years in the making. Found in South Dakota, its heart is a sea of grass, making up one of the most endangered ecosystems on the Earth. This park is also home to iconic rocky spires carved from the ground by wind and rain.

Among the grass and stone are some of America’s most iconic species, who have evolved together to benefit each other.

HAWAI’I VOLCANOES
Premieres Friday, Sept. 2, at 9/8c on National Geographic; Streams Aug. 31 on Disney+

Witness the natural wonders of Hawai’i Volcanoes National Park, a sacred land born of fire and sea. Home to the most unique assemblage of species anywhere on the planet that navigate living in the ever-changing landscape shaped by the world’s most active volcanoes.

From humpback whales to carnivorous caterpillars, this episode reveals the largest and most ecologically diverse wilderness in the Pacific Islands.

·
Registered
597 Posts
Discussion Starter · #448 ·
The Caine Mutiny (1954)
TCM cable feed

Bogart had a capacity to play a surprisingly wide range of roles.
(1899–1957). U.S. actor Humphrey Bogart
When a U.S. Naval captain shows signs of mental instability that jeopardizes the ship, the first officer relieves him of command and faces court martial for mutiny.

The 1950s began on a positive note for Bogart. He spent 1951 filming The African Queen with John Huston and Katharine Hepburn on location in Africa, with interiors shot in England. Playing an alcoholic boat captain who falls in love with a missionary showed a different side of Bogart, and he won his only Academy Award for Best Actor. While expressing his gratitude at the ceremony, Bogart later dismissed the honor, saying, “The best way to survive an Oscar is to never try to win another one. You’ve seen what happens to some Oscar winners. They spend the rest of their lives turning down scripts while searching for the great role to win another one. Hell, I hope I’m never even nominated again. It’s meat-and-potato roles for me from now on.”

One of those roles was as the deranged Capt. Queeg in The Caine Mutiny (1954), giving Bogart a third Best Actor Academy Award nomination, which he lost to Marlon Brando in On the Waterfront.

Bogart + Johnson + MacMurray + Ferrer = EXCELLENCE

Fred MacMurray in The Caine Mutiny (1954)

When a U.S. Naval captain shows signs of mental instability that jeopardizes the ship, the first officer relieves him of command and faces court martial for mutiny.Bogart is brilliant, giving one of the greatest performances of his career, his quirky mannerisms and tortured demeanor contrasting starkly with his usual roles;, so great that it is easy to overlook the excellent supporting cast: the conflicted Van Johnson, the wise-cracking Fred MacMurray, the tough Tom Tully, and the compassionate Jose Ferrer-all turned in excellent performances, but overshadowed by Humphrey Bogart's outstanding work ! Entertaining & dramatic film-making at it's best. 5 Bogie out of 5 Bogies!
José Ferrer in The Caine Mutiny (1954)

José Ferrer

as Emperor Shaddam IV and :love: Virginia Madsen :love:as Princess Irulan in the 1984 David Lynch version of Dune

Claude Akins

Claude Akins in Battle for the Planet of the Apes (1973)

Very early role Lee Marvin and his character "Meatball" in the movie

·
Registered
597 Posts
Discussion Starter · #449 ·
Gone (2012)
Blu-ray
A woman is convinced her kidnapper has returned when her sister goes missing.

Exceptional Lead Performance

The conceit of this movie is that an entire community and police force refuse to believe the gorgeous Amanda Seyfried when she tells them an abductor and killer of women is in their midst. What is wrong with them? Maybe Seyfried is just too gorgeous to take seriously, what with her perfectly streaked golden hair, the peaches-and-cream hues of her face and her big blue eyes.

The story goes like this: Amanda Seyfried plays a chick who was abducted by a Serial Killer
and thrown in a hole à la “The Silence of the Lambs” — but unlike other victims (whose remains shared her cell), Jill managed to get away by stabbing the kidnapper with a sharp bone.
Jill went home, told her story to the police and got them to search for the hole in the local park where she had been kept. They never found it, but dug up the fact that Jill had spent time in a mental hospital when her parents died. Subsequently, the police have no trouble shrugging her off again. Or could she be lying? The whole story hangs on Seyfried’s nuanced performance and she delivers, demonstrating how, given the right vehicle, she’s in total control.
A year later, her Sister goes missing and she's sure that her Serial Killer friend came back to finish her off, instead using her sister as a surrogate for his creepy needs. The Police still thinks she's bat s h i t crazy, and so she sets off on her own to find her sister. Oh yeah, she's also a Karate Master now, so you know some people are going to get their asses whipped.

So really, the point of the movie is finding out if there's a Serial Killer at large, or if everything is truly in her head because she's insane.

Gone is a delicious dose of Amanda Seyfried in an engaging and fast-paced action movie and psychological thriller. This is one of my favorite Seyfried movies w/ excellent character development, constant suspense, nonstop action, car chases, emergencies, quick turns, and always spurred on by the unstoppable commitment of our discredited but driven heroine Amanda Seyfried 8/10

·
Registered
597 Posts
Discussion Starter · #450 ·
Omniscient: a very cool Brazilian sci-fi series

In a city where citizens are monitored 24/7, a tech employee must outsmart her surveillance drone in order to investigate a murder.
By placing the plot in the near future, Omniscient shows us once again what our lives will look like in a few years. What has already started with companies like Google or Facebook, which collect multiple information on our daily lives, is taken here to the next stage. An ultra-efficient artificial intelligence that manages and controls the entire population of a city. And the series is entirely based on that.

Omniscient manages to maintain the suspense until the end. And with only 6 episodes, the story has no time to get lost in nebulous of sub-plots.
With a convincing cast, starting with Clara Salle in the role of Nina, Omniscient , created by Pedro Aguilera, fulfills her contract perfectly. That of proposing a sci-fi thriller which, without revolutionizing the genre, lets itself be watched to the end without displeasing. Presented on the Netflix interface among "the series to watch in a weekend", this is exactly what I did, and I do not regret it. The final is likely to leave some scratching their head , but it has the merit of leaving the door open to a second season. 7/10

·
Registered
597 Posts
Discussion Starter · #451 ·
It Came from Outer Space (1953)
First Time View

I am getting my Party started a bit early as I am going away again in October 21st on Holiday .

Maui Satellite Image

Heads up fellow 3D enthusiast @RagtopFE and @Matt2026 this blu-ray has some really good native Stereoscopic three-dimensional (3D) . the film maybe 6.5/10 but the 3D is 10/10
All the baked-in vertical alignment issues and reverse stereo shots have finally been corrected and
IT CAME FROM OUTER SPACE looks better now than it did theatrically in 1953.

Dirt and damage clean-up was done by
Thad Komorowski.

In addition, IT was only the sixth feature to be released with stereo sound and when you hear the original and VERY dynamic 1953 mix (not heard in 63 years) you will be knocked out! Full details on the amazing audio can be found here: It's in the Mix

For the first time since 1953, you will see IT with the original intermission break. 3-D Myths explains why 3-D features required an intermission.
It’s about the nerdy guy whom no one trusts – even when he’s right.

It Came from Outer Space was directed by Jack Arnold (Tarantula, Creature from the Black Lagoon, and The Incredible Shrinking Man) and stars Richard Carlson (Tormented, The Maze, and Creature from the Black Lagoon), Barbara Rush (Moon of the Wolf, When Worlds Collide, and Hombre) and Russell Johnson (Attack of the Crab Monsters, This Island Earth, and, in television’s Gilligan’s Island, as “the professor”). It was scripted by Harry Essex (I, the Jury) based on a story treatment by Ray Bradbury (The Martian Chronicles).
Gilligan's Island Professor, Russell Johnson

Is it Russell Johnson or an alien?

It Came from Outer Space is a classic film from a simpler time. Vintage Horror/Sci-Fi . The film's 3D elements walk that fine line between "gimmick" and "critical" while often playing as both. The picture makes excellent use of perspective and juxtaposition to better shape shots for the 3D element !!! The 3D works very well.

Barbara Rush
Rush was born in Denver. Her father, Roy, was a lawyer for a Midwest mining company.

Came From Outer Space is a seminal science fiction film from the mind of Ray Bradbury.The story's strongest elements are its eerie desert setting . The soundtrack is excellent to with all kinds of weird moody effects that crate a other worldly atmosphere . While It Came From Outer Space may be important historically in the sci fi film genre, it is not on the level as the original Invasion of the Body Snatchers , I would still add this to any sci-fi collection There's still much to appreciate here. The movie makes for an entertaining and thought-provoking 81 minutes.

🎃 October 31 days of Halloween viewing 2022🎃
1. It Came from Outer Space in 3D FTV.

·
Registered
597 Posts
Discussion Starter · #452 ·
Evil Dead (2013)
UHD In Dolby Vision

Evil Dead remake . Went down the rabbit hole on this one ...... I really wanted the exclusive Shout! Factory Poster. ! This is one hell of a remake ! All hail Jane Levy :love:

The story picks up 30 years after the original 'THE EVIL DEAD' film ended with a new group of kids going to the same cabin so Mia (Levy) can try to detox and get over her opiate addiction. Her friends Eric (Pucci), Olivia (Lucas), Natalie (Blackmore) and brother David (Fernandez) are there as well to help her get through it. They come across the 'book of the dead' (the Naturom Demonto) from the original films, in the cellar and Eric foolishly reads from it (despite several warnings not to). He of course awakens the dead and Mia is possessed. The others originally think she's just going through withdrawals but they soon find themselves being taken over and killed off one by one as they fight the deadites for their survival.

The film was made on a budget of just $17 million (which is a lot higher than the original film obviously but a pretty small budget by Hollywood standards). The filmmakers decided not to use CGI , the practical effects are outstanding! Filmed for 70 days. The results are definitely rewarding. The film really has that 'old school' classic supernatural horror film feel to it capturing the fear of isolation, and demonic threats, and it's surprisingly loyal to the original films . 9.5/10

1. It Came from Outer Space in 3D FTV 7/10.
2. Evil Dead remake 9.5/10 All hail Jane Levy :love:

·
Registered
597 Posts
Discussion Starter · #453 ·
When Worlds Collide (1951)
Blu-ray debut
remastered from the original film elements.

Director:Rudolph Maté
Writers:Sydney Boehm (screenplay), Edwin Balmer (novel)
Stars:Richard Derr, Barbara Rush, Peter Hansen

This is an innovative, thought-provoking science fiction film. One of the best classic films out of the 50's . Astronomers discover two planets coming Earth's way that will destroy our planet. Time is needed to do the unthinkable: create a rocket ship that will fly 40 or so people to one of the planets passing by to keep the legacy of mankind alive.

The end of the world, George Pal-style! Pal who brought us The War of the Worlds, but this picture, When Worlds Collide, is an earlier and much more comprehensive tale of planetary destruction! Right from the start this stands out from other 1950s sci-fi spectaculars with great production value and terrific film score.

The film is filled great characters and just the right amount of melodrama. The rocket-ship itself was designed by respected space artist Chesley Bonestell with the emphasis on realism, and Gordon Jennings and his team of special effects experts justifiably won an Oscar for their work on When Worlds Collide with George Pal at the helm .

It's a fine disaster picture, essential Technicolor masterpieces from the Golden Age of Hollywood !A classic for any Sci-fi film enthusiast. Excellent picture .

·
Registered
597 Posts
Discussion Starter · #454 ·
The War of the Worlds (1953)
Making its 4K UHD debut

Earth is suddenly and unexpectedly invaded by Martians, and American scientist Clayton Forrester searches for any weakness that can stop them.
This a very cool film , the use of newsreel war footage, that describes the destructive technological advancements of Earthly warfare from World War I through World War II is very effective . The image then smash cuts to vivid Technicolor and the dramatic opening title card and credits. The story begins with a series of color matte paintings that depict the planets of our Solar System (all except Venus about which little was known at the time) yes I googled it ! A narrator offers a tour of the hostile environment of each world, eventually explaining to the audience why the Martians find our lush, green, and blue Earth the only world worthy of their scrutiny and coming invasion.

The best of the postwar American science-fiction films; the Martian machines have a quality of real terror, their sinister apparitions, prowlings and pulverisings are spectacularly well done, and the scenes of panic and destruction are staged with real flair. Professionally turned adventure, which makes excellent use of Technicolor, special effects by a crew of experts, and impressively drawn backgrounds. Pal originally planned for the final third of the film to be shot in the new 3D process to visually enhance the Martians' attack on Los Angeles. The plan was dropped prior to the actual production of the film. Now that would have been EPIC.

The War of the Worlds won an Academy Award for Best Visual Effects and went on to influence other science fiction films. In 2011, it was selected for the United States' National Film Registry in the Library of Congress, being deemed "culturally, historically, or aesthetically significant". The Registry also cited the film's special effects, which at its release were called "soul-chilling, hackle-raising, and not for the faint of heart". The Martians were ranked the 27th best villains in the American Film Institute's list AFI's 100 Years...100 Heroes and Villains. An effort was made to avoid the stereotypical flying saucer look of UFOs: The Martian war machines, were instead made to be sinister-looking machines shaped like manta rays floating above the ground. The design is extremely unique and effective.

This is an adaptations of Wells' classic science fiction filmed by George Pal; it is considered to be one of the great science fiction films of the 1950s. Because it is !!! Eye-popping visual effects and unmatched sound design.

2. Evil Dead remake 9.5/10 All hail Jane Levy :love:
3. War of the Worlds UHD 4K Debut 10/10​

·
Registered
597 Posts
Discussion Starter · #455 ·
Pearl (2022)
First Time View
Cinema showing

Pearl
Digital Cinema Luxury Lounger Tuesday, September 27, 2022 at 4:30 PM
1 Ticket
Seats C5
Auditorium 6

The story about a young girl's life descending into madness!

Pearl is an ambitious and bold work with art-house horror sensibilities from A24 and Tie West . Pearl isn’t just good , it is fabulous .This weird hidden gem is an incredible twisted character study . Mia Goth burns very bright in her role as Pearl . She acts with unbridled "wild abandon" and is not afraid to declare her self to the word. Goth is a real power house and carries this slow burn of a film ; She deserves all the accolades and then some. Co-scripting with her director, Goth is the standout. I must know watch "X" as Pearl is a prequel to that film which is on my shelf on Blu-ray format !!! P.S. This film reminds me of " Darling" add that to your list too !!

Pearl is a serious, deliriously messed-up psychodrama with an amazing musical score, period piece accurate 1917 wardrobe and vintage early cars Terrific cinematography and disturbing imagery . A heavily Stylized slasher with some suburb kills that yield some tantalizing gory effects. This film won me over as it starts off as a very slow burn ! As the character study progresses and also the performance of Pearls overbearing mother played by talented Tandi Wright ;I found the merit of the film sneaks up on you ! It is terrifically accomplished and horribly gripping . 8.5/10

Note: You must stay a watch the closing credits . It is excellent mind-f%$k .The strained smile that Goth holds for more than three minutes behind the closing credits was a spur-of-the-moment inspiration from Ti West. He had planned to film her smiling and then choose a freeze-frame of the most unsettling shot, but at the last minute suggested "What if you hold a smile as long as you possibly can and let's see what happens?" They shot the smile, which "goes from comical to haunting to deeply disturbing the longer it continues," in one take.

🎃 October 31 days of Halloween viewing 2022 🎃
2. Evil Dead remake All hail Jane Levy :love: 9.5/10
3. Pearl cinema showing FTV Mia Goth burns very bright !8.5/10

·
Registered
597 Posts
Discussion Starter · #456 ·

Ex-Python, Terry Gilliam is one of the great conjurers of cinema, 'TIME BANDITS'' is part fairy tale, part science fiction and part comedy. It's a fantastic flight through history and legend in the company of a small boy named Kevin and six dwarfs named Randall, Fidgit, Wally, Og, Stutter and Vermin.

These are not your ordinary, run-of-the-mill little people. They're more like the angry, liberated pals of the crowd Snow White hung out with. Except they probably drink and smoke. And chased women ... a lot .

At its best, ''Time Bandits'' is very, very good. The physical production is elaborate and lush, and the special effects are marvelously well done. It's played with fine comic style by everyone . Director,Terry Gilliam Writers,Michael Palin, Terry Gilliam ,Robin Hood . . . . . John Cleese, King Agamemnon . . . . . Sean Connery, Pansy . . . . . Shelley Duvall ,Mrs. Ogre . . . . . Katherine Helmond, Napoleon . . . . . Ian Holm Vincent . . . . . Michael Palin , Supreme Being . . . . . Ralph Richardson, Ogre . . . . . Peter Vaughan ,Evil Genius . . . . . David Warner, Randall . . . . . David Rappaport, Fidget . . . . . Kenny Baker, Wally . . . . . Jack Purvis, Og . . . . . Mike Edmonds ,Strutter . . . . . Malcolm Dixon ,Vermin.... Tiny Ross , Kevin

441 - 456 of 456 Posts