Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

1 - 20 of 62 Posts

·
Registered
310 Posts
I have several like Blue Man Group - Time to Start , Cozy Powell - drum solo ( MSG live at the Budokan ) , Korn - Blind ( just the first minute ) , Mr. Big - Paul Gilbert and Billy Sheehan duo - Back to Budokan .

·
Banned
1,050 Posts
I use movie sound tracks as opposed to music sound tracks.

At full on reference level play, my favs come from "Flight of the Phoenix" crash scene and "Act of Valor" because of the dynamic range of the sound track.

·
Registered
1,936 Posts
I use movie sound tracks as opposed to music sound tracks. At full on reference level play, my favs come from "Flight of the Phoenix" crash scene and "Act of Valor" because of the dynamic range of the sound track.
I do movies as well( nobody likes my music) a favorite for me is the final shoot out in Heat. A good one to watch people jump is the gunshots in Mr. Brooks when he shoots the couple and is seen by Lame I mean Dane Cooks character it always gets my wife;).

·
Registered
492 Posts
Skrillex are any type of dubstep, with a lot of deep bass. But like others have mentioned my go to is also movies, there are many films you can get some major LFE out of.

·
Registered
683 Posts
If I had a sub worth demoing I would probably do the Tron:Legacy soundtrack or the Reconfigured soundtrack. For demoing with a band, I love 311 and pnut's 5 string bass plus their really tight bass drum hits. Not exactly going really low with either, but they sound fantastic turned up loud and pounding you in the gut.

·
Premium Member
15,054 Posts
Lee Ritenour "Six string theory" really rich bass and dynamic recording.

·
Registered
1,752 Posts
Dallas Wind Symphony playing "The Viking" from the CD "Pomp & Pipes". True 16Hz pipe organ.

·
Registered
164 Posts
For an urban twist....

Johnny Polygon – The Nothing (2013) -04 Landscapes

Hearing/feeling "landscapes" make my solid wood doors flutter and resonate like mad inspired me to go from my hsu vtf2-mk3 to dual sealed diy 15's.... addicted I am. Wishing I picked up 18" SI's...

And

TooShort - I need a freak

Mac 10 - Dopeman

Snoop Doggy Dog - Doggfather.. pretty much any song on there.

Pete

·
HTS Senior Moderator
5,423 Posts
Aaron Copland - Fanfare For The Common Man, will let you know how your sub does with soft, subtle, melodic music. The bass gets softer and softer as the trumpets come in... it's really something to hear with the right system.

·
Banned
1,050 Posts
If I had to pick a music related demo piece, it would be Bach, "

Don't know if this would qualify as a bass piece as it's out of
In my opinion, this artist makes the piece rock.

·
Registered
205 Posts
I have read through many "bass demo music" threads, and tried many songs, and enjoy many of them. After it is all said and done, nothing gives more impressive bass performance in a song than "Must be the Feeling". Big, powerful, room and furniture shaking, pant leg vibrating bass. Hits hard after 1:20 or so.

For a fun LFE demo song, I like "The Bass Will Destroy You". Caution; this songs title can be a self fulfilling prophecy, and if you have not experienced it yet, will help you discover what a ported sub sounds like when it chuffs.

·
Registered
205 Posts
Our ported subwoofers are housebroken and polite. They don't chuff but occasionally, they will blow a warning breeze up your leg.

...:p

You should give that tune a whirl at reference, should rock you pretty hard with your two beasts and near field placement.

1 - 20 of 62 Posts