Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm leaning shiva-x or ae av12 (once again I'm ignorant) with a moderately large cabinet (ported + 6ft2?) and don't really know what my best amp route is. O-audio seems sensible just to minimize shipping. I am not opposed to (I might even prefer) going with a passive sub and external amp (plate amps seem counterintuitive to keeping a nice tight rigid cabinet). I'm kind of new to all this and would appreciate your opinions.
tia
g

·
Registered
177 Posts
I've got the o-audio powering to AE c12.2s (need less power than the shiva) and love it. I've built a simple box for the amp to set in and it sits off to the side instead of being built into the box. You could do something like that to avoid having the amp hole cut in the box.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'm thinking I might go dual PRs and a smaller (3ft^3) cabinet. EP2500 or o-audio? Is the eq on the 2500 + Audyssey on my pre adequate for tuning?

·
Registered
177 Posts
I'm thinking I might go dual PRs and a smaller (3ft^3) cabinet. EP2500 or o-audio? Is the eq on the 2500 + Audyssey on my pre adequate for tuning?
Does the your pre have a high pass filter? If not you will need something to serve as a low pass filter.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The EP2500 does not have a low pass filter?

If I could copy/paste out of the manual, it mentions limiters for each channel. Clip protection?

And selectable low-frequency filters. (30Hz and 50Hz). Low pass filter?

If I'm off base here, which is completely likely, what is the preferred method of filtering out of the EP2500?

·
Registered
177 Posts
Sorry high pass, not low pass. I typed both in my comments. Most HT subs are going to want to go lower than 30 hz so the highpass at 30hz is not very useful.

As for performing a highpass function, search for around there are some great threads about which is best.

·
Registered
106 Posts
The EP2500 does not have a low pass filter?

If I could copy/paste out of the manual, it mentions limiters for each channel. Clip protection?

And selectable low-frequency filters. (30Hz and 50Hz). Low pass filter?

If I'm off base here, which is completely likely, what is the preferred method of filtering out of the EP2500?
It has a HPF that can be disabled, or set to 35 and 50 hz. There is no low pass filter. Clip limiters can be disabled.
People use the Behringer Feedback Destroyer Pro iirc.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts