Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After a ton of reading and several PM's (thanks Mechman), we've decided to try an N7 painted screen.

The projector will be an Epson 5030 from 11.5',
Screen size 100"
Seating distance 11-14'

The room is very bright, if the N7 doesn't work out, we are prepared to change the carpet, wall/ceiling colors and window coverings, but we are going to start with an N7 painted screen as a test.

Paint will be Sherwin Williams Duration interior latex.

I looked at the Sherwin Williams color pallette etc. So what do I ask for to get an N7 gray?

Thanks,
AJ

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Glidden Granite Gray is slightly darker at N6.7 and Dover Gray is lightly lighter at N7.3. Take your pick!
Thanks!

AJ

·
Registered
10 Posts
I'm using the same paint. I have to get it tinted and was going unique grey but I'm afraid it might be too light. Is Dover grey a better choice?. I don't want to be too dark, but I want to be able to watch during the day

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I used the Dover Grey and added Auto Air Aluminum. We've had great luck with the screen in a pretty bright room. We do pull the curtains closed when trying to watch dark content (movies with dark scenes) during the day. Sports is no problem at all, even with the curtains open. If I were doing it again, i might try it without the AAA first, since that gives me just a slight hot spot on very bright images (Hockey games etc.).

I'm using the Epson 5030, as long as you have a bright projector, you should be fine. I am running 118" diagonal (the largest I can throw in my room).

Good Luck,
AJ

1 - 5 of 5 Posts