Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

21 - 22 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
ok well the sub i picked is a AV123 birds eye maple 10" sealed with a dayton 240 watt amp. The sub is brand new and the amp is brand new. I was searching craigslist and a person local had this great deal. So far I am very impressed. I wanted a sealed box and not a ported box. I just do not think ported boxes sound that great and reproduce the bass I am looking for. As I play with it more I will continue to give my review. One question I do have is how can I prevent from blowing up the sub. What are some things I can watch out for to make sure I am not pushing the sub to hard?

·
Registered
4,418 Posts
One question I do have is how can I prevent from blowing up the sub. What are some things I can watch out for to make sure I am not pushing the sub to hard?
You will know if your pushing the sub too hard as it will make uncomfortable sounds such as slapping or distortion, the best way to prevent blowing it up is by setting it up accordingly with the rest of the system (level matching), if the sub starts to sound bad while listening loud then turn the gain down on the sub or the overall volume of the system.

21 - 22 of 22 Posts