Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

1 - 20 of 64 Posts

·
Registered
1,752 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We all like the big block busters, some of us like foreign films but what about those personal indulgences for the strange, the weird or cult movies. Sure they're not for everyone and I know some of your friends and family don't get it, but they fascinate us.

A few of my favs:

The City of Lost Children

Brazil

Metropolis

·
Premium Member
15,054 Posts
Quiet earth (1985)

Better off dead (1985)

The Holy Grail (1975)

Just to name a few

·
Registered
1,752 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Nice to see you around Luther.

Here's are a few of my non-mainstream favorites...

The Wraith (1986)
I'm around, I just don't post as much as before.

I remember watching that and thinking it was the coolest car ever.

·
Registered
1,752 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I'm sure there's more, but right off the top of my head:
Phantasm
Delicatessen
Troll Hunter
Delicatessen is one strange movie. The guys who did this also did The City of Lost Children.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Delicatessen is one strange movie. The guys who did this also did The City of Lost Children.
Yep, I have both those movies.
Here's some more:
Eraserhead ( Remember seeing this when I was a teenager at the midnight showing at a local theater near me. You need to have the "right" head...so to speak when you see this. Guess that made it watchable back then, very weird.)
Rubber
eXistenZ
Wizards (1977 animation)
Heavy Metal

·
Registered
1,752 Posts
Discussion Starter #16 (Edited)
Yep, I have both those movies.
Here's some more:
Eraserhead ( Remember seeing this when I was a teenager at the midnight showing at a local theater near me. You need to have the "right" head...so to speak when you see this. Guess that made it watchable back then, very weird.)
Rubber
eXistenZ
Wizards (1977 animation)
Heavy Metal
Wizards is out there. Heavy Metal is one of my favorite animations. I have two copies of the music on vinyl from Heavy Metal.....STERNNNNN!!

·
Registered
4,016 Posts
Most definitely not films in the traditional sense, but we've watched animusic 1 and 2 countless times. Been waiting for number 3 for what seems like forever.

·
Registered
1,752 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Most definitely not films in the traditional sense, but we've watched animusic 1 and 2 countless times. Been waiting for number 3 for what seems like forever.
I have them and the Bluray. I can' t wait for the Kickstarter funded 3 to come out.

1 - 20 of 64 Posts