Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

1 - 20 of 148 Posts

·
Premium Member
15,054 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
With the love of vinyl still strong amongst our members I though a dedicated thread with photos of your prize possession should be in order.

I bought this Sony PS-T20 (Although not by any means high end) off my church for $25 about 10 years ago and it still works flawlessly. I recently replaced the cartridge with a Sure M92E and it sounds just like new.
Its a very heavy platter and has pitch control and a great tone arm for the quality.

What turntables do you use and post a photo.

·
Registered
164 Posts
I have a Systemdek IIX with Alphason Xenon MCS tone arm and a Shure V15 on it,...it sounds much better with an MC on it like an Ortofon MC20 Super, but no cash laying around to get one :(

·
Registered
1,060 Posts

Dual 1245

·
Premium Member
15,054 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
@The Grif, I'm speachless. Thats an amazing looking turntable. If you dont mind me asking how much $$ would the be to replace?

·
Registered
114 Posts
No picture floating around but..

Rega Planar 3 – RB300 with:
Ortofon 2M Blue
GrooveTracer sub platter
Origin Live Advanced Motor upgrade
Cambridge Audio 640P

James

·
Premium Member
15,054 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Bix with MG1.

Can't seem to post pics yet.

Is there a post threshold?
After 5 posts you should be able to. Use the
image icon above where you type to link to the picture.

·
Registered
316 Posts
I use a Marantz TT-15S1. It's made by Clear Audio, and is a superbly performing unit with very low coloration due to the extreme low resonance arm and low resonance structure design. Bearings all around (platter, arm, etc.) are some of the best possible. Even at regular price, this table is a fantastic value/bargain, when comparing to the parts/performance one usually gets for the amount. I previously had a classic Empire 598II, but ended up selling it.

Here is a pic of my current table in place in my stereo:

-Chris

·
Registered
37 Posts
I had a VPI HW-19 with a ft-3 arm for 19 years.Last year in went to a VPI Scoutmaster with a Grado
Sonata cart. With over 1,000 albums I listen to only vinyl. I don't know how to post pics sorry.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Here's a pic of the Empire 208 that's my current project. I just added the Rega 250 arm and mount to prove the concept. Now I need to make it pretty.

Attachments

·
Registered
164 Posts
Wow an Empire turntable, that takes me way back, they don't make them like that any more. Should sound fantastic with the Rega.

·
Registered
39 Posts
It does :) Blows away a $1200 Mitchell that a friend of mine has.

·
Premium Member
15,054 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Here's a pic of the Empire 208 that's my current project. I just added the Rega 250 arm and mount to prove the concept. Now I need to make it pretty.
What is the arm on the left side do? Thats a real intresting design.

·
Registered
39 Posts
That's a Rek-O-Kut static bug. It's a grounded carbon fiber brush. I bought it when I was using the stock tone arm, which didn't seem to be grounded all that well. I was getting big pops at random from static build up. The Rega seems to be grounded much better, and I don't get pops with it. I'm thinking of pulling it off since I never even used the adhesive pad to stick it on. It just sits there. It works pretty well though for draining static.

1 - 20 of 148 Posts