Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Greetings Everyone,

I recently discovered this site and believed my inquiry would be suitable here. I was wondering by any chance if anyone could please assist me, my sister is currently being harnessed by her neighbor, they live in an normal suburb and none of the houses are connected - there is actually an 20 feet space between each one. I am currently attempting to assist with her with this concern, she is experiencing the following issues:

• Sound sometimes 'feels' directional
  • Use different level of frequencies from low to high
  • The sound has no issue with distance and seems to travel through walls easily enough
Does anyone think that this could be an speaker, subwoof or amplifier - maybe something portable?

Any advice would be greatly apprenticed.

regards,
J

·
Registered
2 Posts
High frequency sound is easily attenuated by walls, most likely the nuance is low frequency (e.g. a sub woofer) that is causing a sympathetic within her own home to produce the "directional" feeling.

The solution is one of two measures.
1) talk with the neighbor about the sound issue depending on time of day etc.
2) with your local law enforcement.

Things generally go downhill after law/ordnance enforcement gets involved so I encourage polite and equally understanding conversation with the neighbor.

Diplomacy failing look in to local laws and noise ordinances and file a complaint if possible.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts