Home Theater Forum and Systems banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is just some thing I have been looking at if some one could please help me by giving me better speakers list. The prices i have list I don't believe they are right. I'm new to buying all this I usually go and Buy HTIB. Looking to spend no more than 3,000 if I don't have to then that would be great.

Receiver-MARANTZ SR6005 $649.99
Front L/R- Focal's 714v $1,095.00 or Polk Monitor 70 $919.95
Rear L/R-Focal's 705v $495.00 or Polk Monitor 40 $349.95
Center- FOCAL JM LABS - CC700V $495.00 or Polk Motion CS20 $349.95
Sub-A5s-300 Subwoofer $550.00 or any thing else

So what do u think of this list there's Focal vs Polk.. If you think there's some thing better than both of what I listed then please tell me.. Thanks Jorden..

·
Registered
4,127 Posts
Hi Jorden. You could get a pretty bangin' setup for $3000. I will pull together a few suggestions as I'm sure the others will do shortly.

·
Registered
4,127 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Ok, here is what I would do.

Onkyo TX-NR3007 from Accessories4Less.com $949
http://www.accessories4less.com/mak...s-channel-9.2-Channel-Network-Receiver/1.html

SVS STS 5 Channel Setup for $1327
http://www.svsound.com/products-spks-sts01.cfm

SVS SB12-NSD $599 each
http://www.svsound.com/products-sub-box-sb12nsd.cfm

Total $2875
Your Happines? Priceless....

So I have looked at the setup u have recommended and was wondering if you have heard this setup before. I need a really good quality setup. And it needs to be able to work with 3dtv and 3d ps3. Looking to upgrade my tv to 3d so it needs to be compatible. I know what I'm saying might sound stupid so sorry. Is that the best system that I can get for around 3k.

·
Premium Member
8,112 Posts
Hello,
I love Focal's and do think they are worth the additional cost. I might look at other AVR's, but if you like the sound of the speakers I would go with it.
Cheers,
JJ

·
Registered
4,127 Posts
I have installed and heard the SVS 5 channel setup, but with a different sub. I own one of the Onkyo 3007's and am of the opinion that there is not a better value for a receiver going right now.

I am not familiar with Focal's but if JJ loves them then I am confident they are worth it. I have personally never been impressed with Polk. It's not that they are bad, I have just heard others that I like much better.

IMO, there are several $3000 setups that would suit your purpose however; I believe the one I suggested offers you the most bang for the buck.

·
Premium Member
8,112 Posts
Hello,
Focal is a French Company who makes Speakers that go up to 180,000 Dollars. Their Inverted Dome Tweeters are the finest I have ever heard and are also used by Companies like Wilson Audio as well. They build their own Drivers and they are all fantastic.
Cheers,
JJ

·
Premium Member
8,112 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
I started writing out a list and prices and pretty much ended up with exactly what Dale Rasco recommended. Accessories4less is a great place to buy from. I bought a refurbished onkyo amp from them and couldn't be happier. They are an authorized dealer so no worries there. Products are refurbished and come with a factory warrenty too. It's a great way to save money. If I was starting out I would buythe SVS STS-02 system powered by the Onkyo amp. Later down the road you can add SVS's sub eq or Dspeaker 8033 if you don't want to spend that much on it. Good luck with your purchase and keep us undated on what you end up getting.

·
Premium Member
8,112 Posts
Hello,
While I feel blessed to have as nice of a HT as I have, my little brother takes the cake. His 2 Channel Setup also includes Rogue Audio M-180 Tube Monoblocks, Rogue Audio Tube Preamp, Rockport Turntable, and some crazy 4000 Dollar Cartridge for the TT.

His HT uses Martin Logan Ascent i's Front and Surrounds, Martin Logan Theater Center Channel, Martin Logan Descent i Subwoofer, Parasound Halo C-1 SSP, 3 Innersound Amplifiers, and a Pioneer Kuro Plasma. To add insult to injury, he has never worked a day in his life.
Cheers,
JJ

·
Registered
581 Posts
If I have 180 g's to spend on a pair of speakers, I think I'd use it to get the Rolling Stones to play my next birthday party.

sga2

·
Registered
581 Posts
I have the Onkyo 3007 and LOVE it. That said, if you need 3D, you'll need to go up to the x08 or x008 line to get HDMI 1.4 support. The 1008 is $850 now at a4l. The 3008 is listed at $1200 but currently sold out. Keep checking back for prices and availability as it changes.

Regards,
sga2

·
Premium Member
8,112 Posts
If I have 180 g's to spend on a pair of speakers, I think I'd use it to get the Rolling Stones to play my next birthday party.

sga2
Hello,
I can understand perhaps getting the Stones to play, but I think I would go with the best speakers in the world. If I ever were to switch back to conventional speakers, it would be for Focals or Thiels. And perhaps Dynaudio.

Focal makes much more reasonable priced speakers as well that are simply fantastic. Simply the best highs of any conventional speaker I have ever heard. Their Car Speakers are fantastic as well.
Cheers,
JJ

·
Registered
68 Posts
Hello,
While I feel blessed to have as nice of a HT as I have, my little brother takes the cake. His 2 Channel Setup also includes Rogue Audio M-180 Tube Monoblocks, Rogue Audio Tube Preamp, Rockport Turntable, and some crazy 4000 Dollar Cartridge for the TT.

His HT uses Martin Logan Ascent i's Front and Surrounds, Martin Logan Theater Center Channel, Martin Logan Descent i Subwoofer, Parasound Halo C-1 SSP, 3 Innersound Amplifiers, and a Pioneer Kuro Plasma. To add insult to injury, he has never worked a day in his life.
Cheers,
JJ
Never worked! Well he must be either a Politician or a Wisconsin school teacher. Those are the only people I know that qualify.:bigsmile:

·
Premium Member
8,112 Posts
Hello,
I wish that were the case, but simply has a magic touch with my Parents. Specifically, my Mother.
Cheers,
JJ

1 - 20 of 28 Posts