Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
590 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got over the upgrade bug and finished the year off with a 60" LG 4K UF7700 New Klipsch fronts and center plus Sub and Yamaha Receiver. I am currently looking at new entertainment shelves as mine is a little long in the tooth for recent upgrades. Curious to see what others are planning to upgrade or update.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Current setup:

Panasonic p65st50
Marantz 5007
Focal 807v fronts
Focal 800v center
Niles mp5 surrounds
Sunfire hrs 12 sub x2
Oppo 103
PS4
DirecTV genie

I am looking to upgrade, I just don't know what or where to start really.

I could use a little more power for the fronts, though they are only bookshelves. The Focal's sound great with the sunfire's for low end.

The Niles mp5's are ok. They are mounted in wall, about a high on the wall, behind my sitting area. I'm limited by the available space in my walls for upgrades.

A new AVR seems like a good place to start. The 5007 is nice, but a newer version of Audyssey would be helpful (room shape has challenges).

The OPPO is incredible, though I got mine just prior to the darbee edition version.

...I'm going to do something, I just don't know where to prioritize my resources. I do the best I can to get the most bang for my buck.

·
Registered
1,295 Posts
No upgrading... just adding.

Second subwoofer... more acoustics. I'll make a dramatic improvement with both of these to my system.

·
Premium Member
5,802 Posts
Not planning on any upgrades in 2016, as I did them all in 2015.

·
Registered
590 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Funny thing that upgrade bug. I wanted to go Atmos so I started with the Yamaha and Atmos speakers thinking that was that. Boy was I wrong....lol.

·
Registered
442 Posts
No budget for any big upgrades... I would like to get a better "rack" built for my equipment... one that allows easier access to the back of things vs the current setup where access to the back involves trying to slide the equipment around and using a mirror.

If something changes and I magically get more "spare cash" I want to switch over to a projector/screen, but that involves a lot more than just putting in those 2 items as you all know.

No real interest in Atmos yet... I've been trying to avoid thinking about it.

·
Premium Member
5,802 Posts
Hey Ron, are you saying your done? ROFL!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
That's why he said "not planning" :bigsmile:
Not planning is the plan. :) The next upgrade I would foresee is a new projector, but what I want in a projector is:
1: 3000 lumens or more
2: LED
3: 4k
4: $3000 street price

Since I don't think one will be available with my desires for a while I am not planning on any upgrades. :) :T :T

·
HTS Reviewer
1,760 Posts
Not planning is the plan. :) The next upgrade I would foresee is a new projector, but what I want in a projector is:
1: 3000 lumens or more
2: LED
3: 4k
4: $3000 street price

Since I don't think one will be available with my desires for a while I am not planning on any upgrades. :) :T :T
I'm with you Ron. I'm a few days work from having my dream theater. The only major upgrades for the future would be an AVR with higher channel count (maybe 9.1.6 or something) and a 4k projector. Neither of those will be within my budget in the foreseeable future though.

·
Registered
910 Posts
Probably install 4 ATMOS speakers. As I already have Goldenear Triton Ones I will go with HTR 7000 for ATMOS install. For ATMOS I will need new Preamp. Thinking about Marantz 8802a. But will wait until Audyssey announce upgraded room correction package due sometime in 2016.

Sent from my iPad using HTShack

·
Registered
356 Posts
I'm adding 2 Mariana Deep Sea Sound 24" subwoofers with 4K amps, 4 Atlantic Technology Armos ceiling speakers, a Yamaha Atmos enabled receiver, and possibly a new 4 k Blu ray player, IF there's enough software and the price is reasonable.

Sent from my iPhone using HTShack

·
Registered
48 Posts
I just added a sub (PSA XV15SE) and had my other fixed (Sunfire True Sub), so I'm pretty good there. Love the dual subs. Even though these two might not seem to pair well on paper, they work great for me. I listen to a lot of metal, and the Sunfire gives more mid bass punch while the PSA goes deeper for movies. I also have an Emotiva XPA-5 on the way (tomorrow hopefully!) to replace two much older amps (one with a decent turn on "thump"). Sometime in 2016 I want a new pre/pro or receiver plus possibly a 4K player. I don't really see me going past 5.1, but I probably will get something Atmos related so I can get plenty of pre-outs, dual sub outs, and hopefully platinum Audyssey. I'm hoping something like a souped up Outlaw 975 type pre-pro comes out - moderate price ($1000-1200) without a ton of features I won't use.

·
Registered
213 Posts
Hoping to upgrade my 2 Klipsch KW - 100, 10 inch subs. Would like a pair of higher power 12inch subs. Perhaps , HSU , SVS, Outlaw or Rhythmic.>:)

·
Registered
12 Posts
I just upgraded my fronts from klipsch KLF 20s to klipsch KLF 30s, I upgraded my avr to the denon avr-x6200w for atmos and dts-x 7.1.4. I ordered a pair of klipsch atmos enabled speakers, and I may order another set soon. I would like to add another subwoofer to get to the lower frequencies that my Cambridge soundworks psw1 master and slave set can't produce.

1 - 20 of 47 Posts