Home Theater Forum and Systems banner
21 - 40 of 47 Posts
I just upgraded my projector to a Panasonic AE-8000U a few weeks ago, as a friend down the street upgraded his to a Sony 4K.

The only upgrades I really see this year are finally getting around to having some cool minimalist movie poster artwork I have printed onto fabric and fashioning them into art/acoustic panels. Oh, and new carpet at some point. Oh, and I'd love to find a great sectional to use as my front row and move my theater seats back onto the riser. Oh, and.........and.........and.......

Funny thing that upgrade bug. I wanted to go Atmos so I started with the Yamaha and Atmos speakers thinking that was that. Boy was I wrong....lol.

Haha. You and me both.

Thankfully.... somewhat, Atmos was dropping right when I was aquiring my first HT system, so technically not an upgrade.
Considering demoing the pioneer atmos modules. Although with more presidential candidates than Dolby Atmos videos to purchase, anticipate the return to be a few weeks before 45 day return period.

The adding another amp upgrade seems to be biggest throwaway of $.
Well.. DAC's could possibly challenge. Close battle.
3rd place goes to the dual subwoofer club. If you have a few acres there's an exemption. If neighbors are within 30 yards on the side of the house, you're a douche.
If you play them above 50% gain after 10-11 p.m. you've reached classless
Super Douche Tool Shed status.

Didn't plan for these - they kinda fell into my lap and I had to jump! Upgraded my amplification to a B&K Reference 200.7 power amp and I have 2 Powerblock AV15H Subwoofers (18inch PR's).

21 - 40 of 47 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.