Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have just bought 2 speedwoofer 10 subs from america i want to change the power cords on them to a ps audio ac-12 power cord people are saying they improve the subs performance greatly

my question is do i need the uk plug version or the american version or the european version thanks

·
Registered
4,019 Posts
Probably the U.K. Version, but I'd personally save my money for something that actually makes an improvement. If it made a difference, the manufacturer would surely include a better cable and not leave it on the table for the aftermarket.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4,019 Posts
Hi markyboy! Full disclosure. I'm in the camp that feels power cables do not yield any performance differences. IF and for me it's a big if, any differences made by a power cable would be audible, I'd say it would be in the mid to high range. Definitely not in subwoofer land.
The best way to make sure a sub performs its best is to first, place it in the room for best response. Then EQ, and use room treatments together(as the space/WAF allow).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,415 Posts
I agree with Willis. I am in the camp that esoteric cables of any kind are not worth the money. I sometime think its a mental defense mechanism of the individuals purchase i.e. "I just spent $500 on a pair of speaker cables, of course my speakers sound better, otherwise....."

Anyway another way you can hook up those speed woofers is as "base reinforcement" for the front channels. I personally think a 10" sub would be lack luster for movies. 15-18 would be a substantial improvement. However that depends on the size of room you have and how its configured.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts